Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I saw it coming and I’m not surprised. Been saying it all long. Turned it off after the first half ended and watch a horror flick! It was much better than the horror game I turned off. They’ll be luck to win anymore games. Out played and outcoached finally caught up to them. No fight and no pride. Starts at the TOP.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I saw it coming and I’m not surprised. Been saying it all long. Turned it off after the first half ended and watch a horror flick! It was much better than the horror game I turned off. They’ll be lucky to win anymore games if they don’t make some drastic changes in personnel,schemes and coaching philosophy! Out played and outcoached finally caught up to them. No fight and no pride. Starts at the TOP.

Edit time expired so I added thoughts and reposted here

Jamie

Ohio
it's the losers' trifecta; no discipline, no pride, no effort. and a fans worst nightmare.

this is as much, if not more so, on the coaches as the players. I saw this coming, but what a shit show. I'm out.

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think we all saw it coming. I think we were all hoping to see steady improvement a little bit each week. . . .but we are still waiting.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I said it after the Penn St game and I'll say it again. #39 Malik Harrison on defense is lost like a mother fucker. He's killing you guys, gullible as hell and swallows the hook almost every time. He chases ghosts and has a lot of trouble reading the play. I can't go back and show them all but the man just gets beat, beat, beat. Watching the plays just keep your eye on him.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So they pull him and put #32 Tuff in there who isn't much better. That OLB position is killing it. At one point when Purdue was on the 1 with 1st and goal, they put both of them in, #32 and #39. Somehow they both missed and ended up on top of each other as the man ran RIGHT by for the TD.

Coverage looked pretty good and tight off the line but there always seemed to be one man getting beat, CB #24 got beat A LOT. That or someone would drop their man and nobody would pick him up. Playing cover 2 or man free and it seemed like safeties #4 and #12 were always a day late and a dollar short.

I haven't had a chance to really look at the offensive side of the ball yet. I will say that Purdue got away with a SHIT TON of holding though.

tracker 6

In a thicket
IMO , The linebackers are overly aggressive , trying to make a big play instead of just making the play.Linebacker is a game of hesitation , ,not reckless abandon.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not sure if anyone caught it but Purdue shit the bed against lowly Michigan State last weekend 23 to 13. That's not going to look good to the CFP. Not just the loss looks bad, but add in that Michigan State held Purdue to 13 points where as OSU allowed 49, they also put up more points than the buckeyes. Just a shit sammich all the way around there. The only other Resume game that the CFP can look to was the squeaker win against PSU where the bucks won by 1. However Michigan State also beat PSU, they also held PSU to 10 less points than OSU did. Dare I say it looks like the Michigan State defense is bettet than Ohio States. We'll know shortly as OSU tees Up Michigan state in two weeks.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jesus. Nobody wants to talk about it?

The first CFP ranking is out and apparently the committee must feel the same about Purdue's loss to Michigan State as they dropped OSU two spots down from their AP ranking.

College Football Playoff Ranking
1. Alabama (8-0)
2. Clemson (8-0)
3. LSU (7-1)
4. Notre Dame (8-0)
5. Michigan (7-1)
6. Georgia (7-1)
7. Oklahoma (7-1)
8. Washington State (7-1)
9. Kentucky (7-1)
10. Ohio State (7-1)
11. Florida (6-2)
12. UCF (7-0)
13. West Virginia (6-1)
14. Penn State (6-2)
15. Utah (6-2)

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Go tigers! Although I want my team to win this Saturday, I feel it won’t happen. I hope they make a good showing at least and will drop around 10 or more after this L. Sucks that we have to play so many great teams every year and they beat each other up.

Other conference have cupcake schedules. Yes I’m biased. It is what it is [emoji23]

Reactions: hickslawns

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Go tigers! Although I want my team to win this Saturday, I feel it won’t happen. I hope they make a good showing at least and will drop around 10 or more after this L. Sucks that we have to play so many great teams every year and they beat each other up.

Other conference have cupcake schedules. Yes I’m biased. It is what it is [emoji23]
I don't buy into the notion th SEC is so great every year. It helps they are propped up by preseason rankings every year. There's BAMA, then the next tier of good teams in Georgia, and LSU. After that, imo, Fla, Uk, Miss St, A&M, they are all just as average as anyone.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

LSU has a good team buddy, its not gonna be a cakewalk for Bama. Especially in Death Valley at night. We shall see.

Reactions: triple_duece