Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not poking here. Who has Bama played this year? Won't this be their first legitimate test?

Nobody of any substance really. And not to poke fun but Purdue proved that there's more to it than being a legitimate contender. To anyone who has watched them play and studied them there's no question about their offense or defense. The first string Qb hasn't played a 4th quarter all season, 50+ points on teams, playing the third string mid way through the third a lot of games. Etc. In OSUs case however, watching them play early season anyone who knows a thing or two about Xs and Os could see trouble was around the corner somewhere.

As for Bama, coming up they have LSU in death valley at night, the Iron bowl against Auburn which is never a slam dunk, likely GA in the SEC championship game, then whoever is in the playoff semifinals, and then the championship game. That's a mighty big ass hill to climb and a loss to any of them except maybe LSU will keep them out of the playoffs. They'll earn it before the season is up. Been an off year or two for the sec but one thing never fails is that there will always be 2-3 teams that would be difficult competition for almost anyone. Some years its LSU, some Auburn, for a bit it was Florida, for example where the hell did Georgia come from last year and this? Out of nowhere.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Easy Dustin. It was an honest question. I didn't think they had had a challenge yet. I'm not bashing them.

Truth be told, the Buckeyes are loaded with talent. Sometimes it takes more than talent. Sometimes less talent and a lot of heart will win it all. This year it has become apparent the Buckeyes needed a loss to smack them into action. The rest of the season we will learn if it genuinely smacked them into action or if they roll over. Close games against respectable, albeit not always ranked, teams weren't enough to wake them up. As a Buckeye fan the best I foresee is winning out with a statement. Then we see if we get into the playoffs or just a decent bowl game. BUT it must start with winning out with a statement.

Put your "Go Irish" sign down. They haven't been challenged since week one. If they played MI this week they would lose their perfect record. :eek:

Reactions: Dustinb80

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You see where Urban has a benign brain tumor/sist? Heard it yesterday on the radio coming home from a hunt....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Rut roah shaggy. They better pull their head out of their ass. For Christ sake Nebraska is 2 and 6 this year so far.

Screenshot_20181103-141509.png

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
How bout them Bucks! Betting they are mumbling the name Burrows!!! Where did he go?

Still lots of clock left but yea they need to get their heads in the right place.

twireman

Kingston, OH
They are a dumpster fire right now. No way around it. No heart or desire. Strange just watching them play no one seems overly interested with any energy. Starts at the top. Sad to see.

Reactions: giles

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man. Talk about playing not to lose. OSU really needed to come off that Purdue loss looking strong if they wanted a glance thrown their way from the CFP. That performance wasn't it against a 2 and 6 team.

Reactions: hickslawns

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Come on TIGERS. Don’t look like we getting fair calls. Typical announcer blowing bama. Yeah I might be a little biased but the fing announcer don’t ever STFU!

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Reactions: xbowguy

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Come on TIGERS. Don’t look like we getting fair calls. Typical announcer blowing bama. Yeah I might be a little biased but the fing announcer don’t ever STFU!

Am I the only one that feels this way?

I'm gonna say they're making fair calls because I feel like they're being bias for LSU. If we're both pissed then they must be making good calls. Lmao.

PS. Roll Tide!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I'm gonna say they're making fair calls because I feel like they're being bias for LSU. If we're both pissed then they must be making good calls. Lmao.

PS. Roll Tide!

I would’ve liked your post except for your last two words posted lol.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Also we ain’t getting killed like anyone will this year that has played or will play bama. Our offensive line sucks tho. Can’t run the ball or have enough time to throw the damn ball. The game is won or lost in the trench. Bama clearly has won that battle.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I would’ve liked your post except for your last two words posted lol.

Any other night I'm a huge fan of Orgeron. Lots of respect for that fella. Crap luck that you're in the SEC, especially the West and there can only be one that moves forward. The west is a steep hill to climb most years. LSU is a very talented football team that's made great strides and Id be lying if I said I wasn't worried going in. Happy to see that coach O has cleaned up the damn thugs from LSU.

Reactions: triple_duece