Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't agree too much with me. The rest of my post I went on to say I though Georgia and WVU were gonna make the playoffs. After yesterday, that aint happening. LSU still has me befuddled. I am still high on Texas. Their only loss was to Maryland in a monsoon. And Penn St is a fringe top 25 team, as I've said all along. Michigan looked really good last night. The O-line is really starting to play well. Still a tough schedule ahead for them. OSU still should be undefeated going into Thanksgiving weekend. Their back 7 is pretty suspect right now. Plenty of talent though

I didn't see what you saw. I saw a pocket for Haskins but if they can keep him safe why couldn't they get their run game established? What am I missing?

Talent? Yes. I would agree. Need to refine it/hone their skills in the secondary though.

Who looked really good yesterday? Been trying not to cuss as much so I'll just say it wasn't Wisconsin. Lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Still no mention that unranked Michigan State not only beat Penn St yesterday but held them to just 17 points and scored 1 TD short of what OSU did. But hey a wins a win right.

Reactions: Dustinb80

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
It definitely doesn't do the bucks or any other team any good when the ranked teams they beat get whipped by non ranked teams... Teams that disappoint me this year are Auburn, Miami, Georgia, Oklahoma, Penn St and Wisconson. Georgia always gets the go ahead nod early and disappoints half way thru season....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Michigan State can give about anyone a run for their money most years. I was surprised to see them unranked. They will be tomorrow. Be interesting to see how they fair again UM. I think that is next week.

Iowa is solid. Indiana is solid. Northwestern is not terrible for a bunch of smart kids. Minnesota impressed me. Maryland has come a long way too. They are looking decent lately. Wisconsin disappointed me. Thought they'd play a little tougher than they did. Can't wait to see the Irish destroyed in the playoff. (Sorry Dustin it is going to happen.) But wait, this post would be for the college football thread. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustinb80

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I didn't see what you saw. I saw a pocket for Haskins but if they can keep him safe why couldn't they get their run game established? What am I missing?

l

Totally different techniques and skillset for run blocking than pass pro. OSU is missing Billy Price at Center more than anything. Calling out assignments is something the center does damn near every play. Its the equivalent to a quarterback calling every play instead of the coach. Your current center, Jordan, has pad level issues that is kinda not his fault. He's 6'7". Thats difficult to snap and drive at that height. Never understood having him there. All this, and you guys are still undefeated. Rich people problems. Haha

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
His family is all about business. Hell, Joey damn near sat out his whole rookie year due to language in his contract. Even if he wanted to, I'm not sure he could return this year healthy enough to even play

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well..... There is that.

Down here at strouds. Jon just turned it off with 5 left in the 4th.

Reactions: Mike

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sometimes you need more than 400-500yds passing to win. Need to score in the red zone. Need a defense to make tackles. Can't give away stupid penalties. This doesn't take an astute observation. This is football basics we teach in Junior high school.