Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Random shed thread

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
My wife asked how much was in there. Lol I told her if I was smart I would of took most of it. I wonder why my picture didn't post of the shed I found today

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Walked a couple miles yesterday and nothing. Did notice some tire tracks when I pulled In. I walked back up from the bottom looking up the hill just below the truck and seen a black bag. So I walked up and it's a girls bag with makeup and stuff scattered everywhere. So I thought it was a girls bag maybe fell off a truck or got thrown out the bus window. I look thru it to see if I can find any Id and next thing I see is a bag of pills and weed. There's actually some court papers in there with her name on it. So the tire tracks I seen were them pulling in and ditching the bag in the log pile that is there. I should of called the sherriff but I didn't think about it. I thru it in the truck and dropped it off at the sherriff office. Not what I wanted to find but glad I did and not some kids that live right there.

Imagine getting that call from the sheriffs office. "We found your bag, you can come get it back, minus the weed and pills.." nah man that ain't mine. "Well its got your court papers in it." Somebody stole them, ain't mine.

On a side note i would highly recommend calling the sheriff next time. If you got caught on the way there the old "it ain't mine I found it" is the most used excuse in history.

Reactions: bigten05

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Walked a couple miles yesterday and nothing. Did notice some tire tracks when I pulled In. I walked back up from the bottom looking up the hill just below the truck and seen a black bag. So I walked up and it's a girls bag with makeup and stuff scattered everywhere. So I thought it was a girls bag maybe fell off a truck or got thrown out the bus window. I look thru it to see if I can find any Id and next thing I see is a bag of pills and weed. There's actually some court papers in there with her name on it. So the tire tracks I seen were them pulling in and ditching the bag in the log pile that is there. I should of called the sherriff but I didn't think about it. I thru it in the truck and dropped it off at the sherriff office. Not what I wanted to find but glad I did and not some kids that live right there.

Imagine getting that call from the sheriffs office. "We found your bag, you can come get it back, minus the weed and pills.." nah man that ain't mine. "Well its got your court papers in it." Somebody stole them, ain't mine.

On a side note i would highly recommend calling the sheriff next time. If you got caught on the way there the old "it ain't mine I found it" is the most used excuse in history.
Yeah I probably wouldn't of transported that[emoji23]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Took a walk. No sheds found. Swapped cards. Had 4-5 bucks still carrying both sides just 4 days ago.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Walked with some buddys this past weekend. Found a few. Sucked finding the 180" dead head. He still had velvet and his points were sharp so he had to of died from ehd,
30070838_1650619201658164_1417807896_o.jpg

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Walked with some buddys this past weekend. Found a few. Sucked finding the 180" dead head. He still had velvet and his points were sharp so he had to of died from ehd,View attachment 60345
Those 6 point sheds look like they came from the same deer but one looks older due to the chew marks and moss. Also, the one on the left looks like it has better mass on the g-3. Do you have a history with this buck?

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Those 6 point sheds look like they came from the same deer but one looks older due to the chew marks and moss. Also, the one on the left looks like it has better mass on the g-3. Do you have a history with this buck?

The dark colored one was in the cedars. found them 400 yards apart. The one in the cedars was attacked by rats. Found that set on a buddys property and he don't use cameras.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Jamie

Ohio
so last Saturday, since it was such a nice cool morning in the 50's, I took the dogs out for a romp in one of my squirrel spots on public ground. I might have been scouting for Chanterelles, too. ;) it isn't much fun in the woods this time of year. hot, thick vegetation, bugs out the ass, but this is probably the last time they'll see the woods until after Thanksgiving. anyway, I had just pulled the dogs off of the best tree they hit all morning, walked 50 yards or so and stopped to look and listen for dogs again. I look down and I'm standing next to this. this a pretty big woods on public ground, although I was only about 200 yards from some private property that is tillable acreage. couldn't believe it. not a mark on it. 71 2/8" 25" beam. best shed I've ever found. what are the odds of a loser shed hunter bumbling onto this in July. I bumbled onto two big sheds this year. I'm assuming this is a hint from the hunting gods that I better practice more and should not sleep too much in November...

7-7-18.jpg