Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2016 start

Gunther

Got out to check some fields today,found three one from last year two freshies, but the squirrels have got the tips of one already.

Attachments

• IMG_20160106_143951829.jpg
    IMG_20160106_143951829.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 156

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats. Feels early due to the weather, but by looking at the calendar I suppose it isn't too early. My area is generally a Feb-March-Apr time frame for finding them.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Can't believe they are dropping like this! Some are dropped early every year even as early as December in certain areas to the north and in places where deer are enclosed like, The Wilds but this season is out of the norm, IMO.

I try to stay off the farms I have permission to walk on till at least the end of season in case someone is still hunting. I hope if the deer are dropping them early in my areas that the critters don't chew them up too bad! Lol

Congratulations on the sheds you found! Looks like two bucks started dropping, that's crazy!

Congrats on the finds!! It does seem early, at least on our properties, we haven't gotten any trail cam pics of bucks dropping however I've talked with quite a few others who are saying bucks are shedding.

Gunther

Got some time to check some wheat fields today and found a couple more,one pretty nice oneIMG_20160118_143601815.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice job! The northern areas seem to drop sooner. Our deer here in the SW are like pin oaks shedding their leaves! Lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't know Ric. I always feel like they drop sooner in the south. Never made sense to me. Just seemed that way.

Gunther

Able to get out today and found the other side of the big one I found last week bringing the total to 7 so far all of them have been in winter wheat fieldsIMG_20160128_171105860_HDR.jpg