Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2013 The Ohio Outdoors Spring Turkey Contest - Rules & Sign-ups

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Why do you only allow one bird entry per participants? If someone luck out and kills 2 birds what is the reasoning with not letting em enter 2 for the team ? Just curious?

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Why do you only allow one bird entry per participants? If someone luck out and kills 2 birds what is the reasoning with not letting em enter 2 for the team ? Just curious?

We allow 2....the second just has the condition of being a "buddy bird". The rational/reasoning behind this is to help promote the fellowship/brotherhood that is the very foundation of TOO. The rule is intended to get TOO members spending time afield together creating memories rather than just interacting behind a keyboard.

Huckleberry Finn

We allow 2....the second just has the condition of being a "buddy bird". The rational/reasoning behind this is to help promote the fellowship/brotherhood that is the very foundation of TOO. The rule is intended to get TOO members spending time afield together creating memories rather than just interacting behind a keyboard.

You could also hold off posting the numbers to your first bird and enter your "better bird" if you thought your second could be a better score. IE, shoot a jake early, wait, and then shoot a gobbler and post the stats for the second bird.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
You could also hold off posting the numbers to your first bird and enter your "better bird" if you thought your second could be a better score. IE, shoot a jake early, wait, and then shoot a gobbler and post the stats for the second bird.

No need, already have it covered in the rules that all birds can be submitted and I will simply count the best scoring of what the participant harvests.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep. Go ahead and post it. You can trade it out later if you kill a bigger one.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Count me in. I dont know anyone from too personaly but it will be fun. Im not the best turkey caller and havent had much luck turkey hunting. But you never know.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll play.
Hopefully I do better than last year, even seeing a bird would be an improvement over last year.

My thoughts exactly! I am going to apologize to my teammates in advance. We are not exactly in "turkey country" here but I will sign up.