Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1968 El Camino Project

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Haven't taken it out yet. Having some brake issues. Guessing the wheel cylinders are bad. Seems that after sitting for the winter they don't want to work. Going to replace all four next week as well as the front brake lines. I replaced the rear lines last year. Hopefully that will sort out the brake issue and she will be ready for a nice long ride.

Put the 355 on hold for now. The 307 runs and sounds so good I am not in a hurry to pull it.
I will tinker with the 355 this year and will probably do the swap this fall.

I did push it out of the barn night before last and gave it a good bath. Can't wait to get it back out.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good too hear Jon, those wheel cylinders were easy too swap out and always seemed too add a lot more brake pedal too the picture.... And good move adding new lines as you'll probably have more pressure with the new cylinders....

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Got a little more done on the old car. I have been going through the brakes replacing lines and wheel cylinders. Got the fronts complete. Back lines are done still need to do the wheel cylinders. While the fronts were off I went and head and bed lined the fender wells. Will do the rears when I tear them apart. Hopefully this weekend.

Attachments

• IMAG00556.jpg
    IMAG00556.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 510

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Went up to the barn a little bit ago and swapped the carb over. Also put an online fuel filter in while I was at it.
Fired it up and let it run a little bit. Once it dries out some I will take it down the road and see how it runs. Probably will need some small tuning adjustments. Overall I think it will be a great combo. View attachment 98024
Is that a SAE or metric bolt? 👍🏼