Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1968 El Camino Project

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
The last several days have been pretty non eventful. I did get the bed rails on and got the back glass installed last night as well as the window trim.
I had to order a couple more trim pieces that I didn't realize I did not have to complete the bed trim. They should be in next week and I will finish that up.

A few more things I need to do before I can really call it complete.
Need to rejet the carb. It is currently jetted for a big block so I need to take it down probably half a dozen sizes then I will fine tune the carb and timing. It runs good now but is running a little rich.
I am going to carpet the back wall in the cab to cut down on some of the road noise (exhaust) and give it a cleaner look.
Still need to start going through all the lights and checking bulbs and grounds to make sure everything is working right.
After that it needs a good bath and a quick buff to make her shine nice.
Only new pic I have is of the back glass installed. Need to get it out of the barn in the sunshine and take a few with all the trim in place.

Back Glass.jpg

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
The last few evenings I have been tinkering around a little. We have a local festival this weekend and there is a small car show. I figured I would take it up there so that everyone can see the car. Later in the afternoon they have a parade. My wife is running for school board so we are going to put a couple campaign signs on the car and join the parade. Brayden (He was on the ATV with Connor) is going to drive the car in the parade. I will be riding shotgun.

I got most all the lights working. Still need to work on the blinkers. Guessing the switch in the column is bad but not 100% sure yet. Headlights, marker lights, tail lights, reverse lights are all good now. I also finally got the last few trim pieces I needed. They have been put on so it is 100% complete there. Washed it up last night and will be buffing and polishing tonight.

091815_6.jpg
091815_5.jpg
091815_4.jpg
091815_3.jpg
091815_2.jpg
091815_1.jpg

Reactions: Smawgunner

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Thanks everyone. It has been a bittersweet project. I appreciate everyone rooting me on. I have enjoyed sharing it with all of TOOville. I believe it is going to give Theresa and I many years of enjoyment and will be a great tribute to Coonor.