Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's Shoestring Acres Project

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Nope. I'm standing even with the front of the barn, looking long ways down the barn. It's the northern half of the pipeline right-of-way that crosses the property.

Lol, I was thinking you were out at the farm. This is straight back at the house and the strip will block off the view to the top back towards the house/road? That will be a sweet little pocket!

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Lol, I was thinking you were out at the farm. This is straight back at the house and the strip will block off the view to the top back towards the house/road? That will be a sweet little pocket!
A deer on our N end looking back up the RoW can easily see the barn and one of our main access routes. This prevents that and makes it feel more secure down there. I have a winter habitat project that will revive some of the bedding down there, which will make it like it was in the "good old days". I put a new creek crossing in last week and there's massive buck tracks in the fresh dirt. For sure one of the bucks I picked up sheds from is back and appears comfortable summering on us.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
All it took to clean up 20+ years of junk, dust, and spider shit was a little girl turning 10. When we moved in 4 years ago, the basement became the overflow for all our extra stuff and it still held plenty of my parents stuff. It was so cluttered, it took 16 hours of sorting shit to even get it to the point of being ready for a makeover. It took me about 40 hours to deep clean, replace the lights and toilet, make miscellaneous repairs, and to paint the bookshelves, doors, ceiling, stairs, walls and trim. Then reassemble. We added a mini fridge, microwave, and smart TV with sound bar. We also picked up the basketball hoop. This added 600SF of good living space to our lives and now we're ready for 14 9-10 year old girls to come over for a birthday party tomorrow!

These stairs were built in 1996 and were the same old raw yellow pine until yesterday. I'll eventually add some color/tread covers to make them more "interesting", but for now, they're MUCH better!

20221221_182903.jpg
20221229_175222.jpg

We kept our old kitchen table as a craft table, so the area to the right is rather official crafting area.

20221221_182928.jpg

20221229_174051.jpg

The basketball hoop males for a good time!

20221221_183019.jpg

20221229_174211.jpg

I still hate the floor, but we didn't have the time/$/gumption to do laminate flooring, so that will be a future project. Still a big improvement over what we had!

20221221_183006.jpg
20221229_174142.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
All it took to clean up 20+ years of junk, dust, and spider shit was a little girl turning 10. When we moved in 4 years ago, the basement became the overflow for all our extra stuff and it still held plenty of my parents stuff. It was so cluttered, it took 16 hours of sorting shit to even get it to the point of being ready for a makeover. It took me about 40 hours to deep clean, replace the lights and toilet, make miscellaneous repairs, and to paint the bookshelves, doors, ceiling, stairs, walls and trim. Then reassemble. We added a mini fridge, microwave, and smart TV with sound bar. We also picked up the basketball hoop. This added 600SF of good living space to our lives and now we're ready for 14 9-10 year old girls to come over for a birthday party tomorrow!

These stairs were built in 1996 and were the same old raw yellow pine until yesterday. I'll eventually add some color/tread covers to make them more "interesting", but for now, they're MUCH better!

View attachment 169643View attachment 169644

We kept our old kitchen table as a craft table, so the area to the right is rather official crafting area.

View attachment 169646

View attachment 169647

The basketball hoop males for a good time!

View attachment 169648

View attachment 169649

I still hate the floor, but we didn't have the time/$/gumption to do laminate flooring, so that will be a future project. Still a big improvement over what we had!

View attachment 169650View attachment 169651
Looks great man! I figured you were busy today when I didn’t get a text back! Haha now I know!! Good stuff!!

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Was there not a mean bull in that pasture? Like "hey man make a run for it" animal?

Looking good buddy! You are living the dream even if you don't see it right now.

Your uncle still have his place? How many cows you gotz? do you like chickens? how much barbwire you gotz here? any deerz? whats your name again? do you have a muzzleloder? how many deers you kilt? do you like peaches?

Reading through this thread has me remembering some times in your neck of the woods:love:

Warm apple pie at wake up was stellar!!!

• Haha