Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's 2019 Pics

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's getting real... I quite honestly thought Mr. Gnarly would have moved on by now, but it appears he's still here and fairly comfortable despite living in an "suburban" environment. We'll see what next weekend brings. Probably should hang a stand this weekend. LOL

IMG_0243.JPG

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That picture is 50 yards from where my neighbor just spent an entire day this past weekend repairing a bridge and where I squirrel hunted Sunday. I also hung that cam in Crocs and shorts. He's living amongst all sorts of human activity and scent. On our farm, bucks wouldn't tolerate that. But here at the house, they seem to ignore it. I'll still be cautious, but I'm not on pins and needles like I've been in the past.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They're starting to move and it appears Friday night was the night to be out there! I just hung sticks 15 yards from this scrape and both bucks I deem shooters that I have on cam, where there in daylight. I got some great intel from a couple other cams too. I'm all over these two right now. Just need luck to be on my side for once!

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Was that a mock set up, Jesse or a natural one? Good luck this weekend. Looks like you've got a legitimate shot at seeing one of them.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Mock scrape. I used some James Valley Scents Wall Hanger to kick it off. Last year, I used some paracord to tie this branch down about 3' so it could be reached. This trail has yielded more big buck pictures than any other spot on the farm, so I wanted to add a scrape to it. It's an E/W trail that parallels a ridge top field just inside the woods. The topography combines with natural edges within the woods themselves to "pinch" deer through this opening. I knew it would get some action, but it's proven to be the hottest scrape on the farm two years in a row and it's only two years old, so we're off to a great start!