Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's 2018 Trail Cam Pics

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I can live with this as a starting point. I'm 100% killing a buck on the farm this year, even if it's a spike, so a buck like this is on the hit list!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Finally went through the rest of the cards. Nothing too great, but a few nice pics from the mineral lick. Traffic is picking up here and I'm kicking myself for not realizing this spot was "the spot" for a mineral site years ago. (Date and time are wrong on this cam.)

Healthy looking momma and future baby maker.

There's actually 4 adult does in this picture. That's a great sign for this early in the year. The numbers have bounced back well which should make things enjoyable this fall!

Just your standard basket racked 8s.

I look forward to keeping tabs on this guy. If he stays funky like this, he'll be a fun buck to hunt in a couple of years.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nothing all that spectacular about today's pull, but I've had worse. This bobcat is on the gate cam, which is less than 100 yards off the road and 75 yards from the neighbor's house. Crazy to think about one being this visible after years of never seeing one.

With bobcats and coyotes out there, you can't help but appreciate a doe that pulls off twins!

It's a family affair!

Pretty decent 8.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Took a camera from the farm and put it behind our future house a couple weeks ago. I had a general idea of where I wanted it, but was surprised to see a well-worn trail and several large piles of deer poop in this particular spot. With all the development that's happened in the big woods surrounding our place, it's changed a lot since I started bowhunting back there in '99. Hung the cam up and although these are the best pic, this is a deer I'd shoot without a second thought. Bonus find on a piece of ground I really didn't expect to find a shooter on!

It's crazy seeing bobcats with regularity, especially in this spot. 100 yards off the road in daylight on a fairly regular occasion. The second pic is down back in the holler, but still daylight. No doubt I'll get to see this cat at some point this year.

As a wannabe deer manager, you gotta love pics like this! The present and the future. This doe will be off the list if we can keep tabs on her and the twins. Any twin throwing doe should be off limits during her prime IMO.

No hard horned bucks on any of the cams, and no shooters at the farm, but that will change soon enough. White oaks are dropping and the corn is coming off all around us. Our corn will still be up for a while. I made 2 mock scrapes today with some JVS and put the cams on video mode. The next 8 weeks will bring a whole cast of new bucks to the show!