Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

You guys that smoke up in your blinds are nuts!

Big H

Medina
So I just got one of those Scent Smokers and thought I would try smoking up my blind. I set it up in a good spot and brushed it in like everyone says to do, it looked really good. Then I got all my stuff and got set up. I lit the smoker and boy did it ever produce some smoke! Let me tell you, it was freaking horrible! I couldn't stand it! I couldn't hardly see and then I started coughing and gagging TOO. But that shit must work, because a really nice buck came walking in and stood broadside at 15 yards! The problem was, I couldn't see my pins due to all of the smoke. What am I doing wrong????:smiley_confused_vra:smiley_confused_vra

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Let the smoke clear out first. I smoke the blind before going out and then just smoke myself right before the hunt.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes, I smoked the blind well in the driveway as it was a new one. Then I smoke myself extremely well and then go out.
Darn buck knew you couldn't see....

jeremy44230

Medina County
Puff puff pass...

I don't smoke up in blinds. I smoke my clothes before I leave. Shower, then smoke myself and if I drive far, I smoke after dressed when i get there.

I'm sure you choked yourself in that blind!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I smoke up in the blind but I do stay up wind and didn't seem to be a problem.
Frank

Big H

Medina
:smiley_crocodile:rotflmaolmao Sorry guys, while I was in the stand last night I was thinking of how funny that would be if someone actually did that. I didn't think I would be taken seriously LOL, I have been a SS user for close to 5 years. I am surprised Jesse didn't catch it and forgot JB was duck hunting, and BM can't log in, but FYI, they both thought it was funny. lmao

At least it brought a long time lurker out of hiding...:smiley_chinrub:

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
:smiley_crocodile:rotflmaolmao Sorry guys, while I was in the stand last night I was thinking of how funny that would be if someone actually did that. I didn't think I would be taken seriously LOL, I have been a SS user for close to 5 years. I am surprised Jesse didn't catch it and forgot JB was duck hunting, and BM can't log in, but FYI, they both thought it was funny. lmao

At least it brought a long time lurker out of hiding...:smiley_chinrub:

Yes, it's funny now....... I can stop wondering why you would do such a thing?:smiley_confused_vra

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was laughing my ass off when I first read this thread. We outta make our own spoof video .Then it dawned on me again that my neighbors are probably laughing at me when they see me standing in smoke. They just don't understand the science & benefits ... I tell myself. With that said, here is a benefit from yesterday morning. I finally did see a ( little ) buck & he was coming across downwind from me up the hill. There were a flock of turkeys off to my left where he was headed. He never did looked my way. He did briefly check out my EverCalm trail as he crossed it, but continued on his way north. What makes me wanna cry though is, off in the distance about a mile, there are some brothers ( who own a glass company in Newark if anyone is familiar ) I grew up living near them, but ....they like guns. They have automatics. It sounded like WW3 with their 50 & 45 cal machine guns blazing off & on for over an hour. It was so cool listening to the reverberation over the ridges. Those turks & that buck never did pay attention & I thought for sure my recording would have captured the sounds of all that, but it didn't. Anyway, here's a short video of that buck slipping by & not scenting me ....