Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Yotes and Fox in my backyard

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've posted elsewhere that I was given the bright idea of burying Kody's buck head with lime and digging it up around August to find me a nice clean skull. Call me stupid... whatever... but my cuz did his last buck like this and it worked. Well, the wild animals have found it, but haven't been able to pull the thing out of the ground yet. I reinforced it today, but I got some good pics first. I've been shining the spotlight out there religiously during the evening, but I missed them last night. I'm hoping to catch them sniffing around one more time so I can bury them as well.

The pics are about 60 yards from my deck. The house you see in the pic is my brother's.

Huckleberry Finn

They might not come in if there's a spotlight all the time, I was thinking a remote sneak attack approach, might make 'em freeze long enough to pull the trigger, but then again I'm just dreaming....but you are the dude that shot a coyote in your tighty whiteys last year, so anything could happen!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A Yote was Yipping and howling at 2 am right in my backyard early this morning. It was close enough and loud enough that it woke my brother up next door too.
I hurried down and got the gun ready but without snow on the ground I couldn't find the little bastage in my scope. I shined the spotlight and it was not more than 40 yards off my deck. He stopped as I tried to find him in re scope agin with no luck. I shined the light one more time and he was standing feet away from the corner of my brothers house.
My brother texted me after it al settled down and he said it was standing right by his deck and by the time he got his gun it was gone.

Almost a repeat of last winters back door underwear shoot!