Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ykw....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah he was a huge buck, but keep in mind how much they lose during rut as well..... Wonder what he would of been in mid October????

He hadn't lost much if any yet. The rut is just starting to pick up here. I bet he was at his peak. The fat layers were incredible. He had fat on the underside of his abdominal wall. When I zipped him open the edge of that fat cap poked out. I pulled it and a dinner plate sized piece of fat slid out.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
congrats joe..... he would probably be lighter and easier to move if you would just gut him in the woods. ha

I didn't want to gut him there because it's a very small patch of woods. Maybe 6 acres at a bend in the creek. I bet when I slipped in the woods this buck was bedded no more than 100 yards away.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Unbelievable massive buck ! That ranks as one of the largest I've seen. Awesome and congrats again Joe.

The one I shot back in 2011 was bigger. I wish I would have weighed him. It took three of us to get him on the quad and it took JD and I two tries to get him in my truck. We had to roll him like they do those gators on swamp people. The deer around here are just beefy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415543054.727272.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The one I shot back in 2011 was bigger. I wish I would have weighed him. It took three of us to get him on the quad and it took JD and I two tries to get him in my truck. We had to roll him like they do those gators on swamp people. The deer around here are just beefy.

View attachment 25766

Was JD wearing his pink shirt that day or something? Maybe he didn't bring his A game that day. lmao