Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

YKW??? I do!!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks fellas. I really wanted to take a doe early because we were out of meat. I hunted a ground blind that was on the edge of a bean field last night because the does were consistently hitting the beans there, despite the yellowing of the leaves. At 6:45 I had two small bucks work out into the field, then at seven, a third small buck. At 7:10, this doe stepped out. The shot was a bit longer than I would like to have taken, but it was a calm evening, and I decided to test my limits. Never again. On release of the shot, she took a step and turned quartering hard away. The arrow went in behind the last rib and ran all the way up, catching the left lung. She went maybe 200 yards, and expired.

I am thankful for the opportunity to harvest a doe, and thankful for the recovery. Those slick tricks are wicked!

uploadfromtaptalk1412601759129.jpg

Here is the entry hole. it's every bit of 7"

uploadfromtaptalk1412601858866.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hole! Now that's a hole!!! Great shot Greg! ST Mags are badass! What kinda shape was your BH and arrow in afterwards?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Nice shooting Greg. How far was she?
TOO far.
Hole! Now that's a hole!!! Great shot Greg! ST Mags are badass! What kinda shape was your BH and arrow in afterwards?
I didn't find the arrow last night. Was gonna go back out and look for it today. I was shooting blue nockturnal nocks, so im not sure how we missed it. Best I can guess is the nock was covered in blood.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
HOLY HOLE!!! Nice shooting buddy! qtr away thats right where you want to put it!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Congrats. Never seen a 7" hole before. How does that happen?

The shot was a bit longer than I would like to have taken, but it was a calm evening, and I decided to test my limits. Never again. On release of the shot, she took a step and turned quartering hard away. The arrow went in behind the last rib and ran all the way up, catching the left lung. She went maybe 200 yards, and expired.