Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WOW it must have worked!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Ok so many of you know I own a small farm.

I love foodplots, and trying to manage my deer heard.
I often comment on how my deer herd does not seem to be as high as it should be.

Few years ago I came up with a plan to really elimnate the pressure on my farm during gun season. Basically no one hunts my farm or if they do it is just near the cabin.

I filled up 3 feeders full of corn a few days before the season.

Today I went to check the feeders, set up cams, etc.

The feeders were almost empty, the deer ate 400lbs of corn in about a week. Deer shit everywhere! I was amazed!

I have never seen my deer eat that much corn, that quickly!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
WOW, Sounds like your efforts are paying off. Post some of those game trail photo's. Hope it was not those pesky coons eating all the corn. Best of luck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No offense, but if you were able to keep pressure off all week, why would you go in on the last day and bump them out to any surrounding properties? I don't know your property and it may not be setup in a way which would push them out. Just seems like waiting until tomorrow would make more sense.

Either way, good to hear you had an abundance of deer in there!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
No offense, but if you were able to keep pressure off all week, why would you go in on the last day and bump them out to any surrounding properties? I don't know your property and it may not be setup in a way which would push them out. Just seems like waiting until tomorrow would make more sense.

Either way, good to hear you had an abundance of deer in there!

I dont live on my farm. I had to leave, second off my neighbors were all gone.

Not much hunting around me on Sundays. I did not hear one shot all day.

Riverdude, I actually did not have the cams up during the season but I put them back up recently. I know it was not just coons, probably some, but the deer sign was tremendous and I barely even looked for it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's cool. We all do what we have to do. I didn't realize you did not reside on the farm. Makes sense. Wasn't trying to bust your balls or anything.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That's cool. We all do what we have to do. I didn't realize you did not reside on the farm. Makes sense. Wasn't trying to bust your balls or anything.

No worries man, I think you made a good point. I wish I did trust me! Id bout kill to live there!