Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Would you fix it?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a shed fixed by a buddy this past winter and he did a fabulous job, it was all chew damage. It's the only thing I've had done. I personally wouldn't fix a rack UNLESS it broke off during or after I shot him and I have the piece or pieces. If I put him on the wall and kept the tine,beam,etc, I'd prolly lose it so I might just as well have it put back on.
I wouldn't think any less of someone if they were to fix any busted points, it's just not something I'd do. I'd think they should have visual proof as to what it looked like before altering though, otherwise it doesn't have any authenticity.
My bro Ron had a buck fixed a year ago that had a 9" G2 snapped off at the beam. He had many TC pics of him and had some buddies fix it with a very comparable 9" tine off a shed. They did an amazing job and he looks just to the TC pics.

steveOh

Dayton Area
No I wouldn't fix it...

Here is a 2007 buck with his right G1 and G2 broke, as well as his left G3. That's the way I shot him and that's how I mounted him. He could have been a 140 class buck.:smiley_depressive:
IMG_0113_640.jpgIMG_0121_640.jpgIMG_0045_640.jpg

Ricer2231

What do you do if, while dragging him, a side pops off? Like late season and they aren't on too well. Gotta fix that.

I would absolutely fix it, that scenario is completely different. A buddy of mine had that exact thing happen to him late last year and he had it put back the way it was and I would do the same.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I don't think I would if I shot one that had some broken points but I did have a dead head repaired. Tree rats had chewed off the end of the main beam and chewed off a couple nt points. Had it been under 200 inches I don't think I would of had it done...