Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Won't be long now!

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
I started working on the boat over the weekend and hope to have her in the water by April 1st. The lake was full of ice on Saturday but I just talked to a guy who said all the ice blew out with the strong south winds from yesterday (a north wind will bring it back). The early season jig bite is my favorite fishing of the year. I anticipate another great season for both perch and walleye.

Ryan

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep it won't be long at all. I've already heard of a few reports of fish coming out of the maumee and the sandusky.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Got my jigging stuff ready . Can't wait to join the pack in front of turtle creek in a couple weeks or so .

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
The worst thing about the jig bite is all the boats because you always will have a few jacka$$es that go over the fish at full speed. With all the boats in a small area, it doesn't take long for the fish to scatter.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The worst thing about the jig bite is all the boats because you always will have a few jacka$$es that go over the fish at full speed. With all the boats in a small area, it doesn't take long for the fish to scatter.

That's probably the main reason why we always seem to do better away from the main pack of boats. There sure are a lot of morons out there on the weekends! lol

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Word brutha.....I am far from being a Erie expert ...But even as a novice I quickly learned that the best bite is usually away from the main pack of boats .

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
A charter left wild wings on Saturday and came back in with a skunk! I honestly cannot believe anybody would pay to fish on a day like Saturday. My buddies told me it was nasty on shore so I could only imagine what it was like on the water. I love fishing but there comes a point where I draw the line. Give it 2-3 more weeks and both the weather and fishing should improve.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
So, ol' buddy ol' pal......you gonna let us know when it starts happening? Sure does look like a few weeks what with the crappy weather forecast .. . I think people got spoiled by last yrs wonderful weather .

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
Yeah, I will keep guys posted. My boat should be in the water by April 1st. I hope to get in a couple days of fun fishing before my first charter of the year.

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
The guys who put their boats in last week are probably second guessing their decision; their boats are frozen at the dock! I just talked to a buddy who said the whole marina is iced up.