Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where has everyone gone?

dirtysouth36

Rabbit season is near. Just wondering where all the rabbit hunters are hiding. I'm assuming in a tree stand somewhere? Summer was pretty long for me. Worked tons of overtime and kids kept me busy.. Hope everyone is well. I'll see if can't start a new rabbit hunting thread after the opener

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll be out for a bit tomorrow chasing pheasants, but I'm in deer mode for most part right now.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I rabbit hunt once a year and that's in February when the deer and ducks have exhausted me! I do enjoy it, but it doesn't surpass the other two. Yet. My wife wants a beagle, so who knows. When all the deer are gone, maybe I'll become a rabbit hunter.

Bigcountry40

I rabbit hunt thanksgiving day, then will go several times after black powder when none of the bow hunters give a shit anymore. to big of a hassle unit january anymore

rooster85

Lake County
I enjoy chasing rabbits but I haven't done that much in the past couple years. Like to get back into it though. Maybe January I'll do that....

Renovator

Going Duck Hunting in the am then
Rabbit hunting after.

Good luck to everyone this year !!

Renovator

dirtysouth36

I work tomorrow. So I won't be out till Saturday. Gonna run my mutts in the morning tomorrow. I've had like no time to run like I wanted to all summer. My kids and wife keep me pretty busy when I'm not at work!

Rastus

I can't get my friends in gear until after deer gun season. I run my dog 4-5 days a week year round around where I live. But can't seem to get anyone else to go any earlier than December. A lot of the landowners we hunt on don't want us to start before deer season either.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I can't get my friends in gear until after deer gun season. I run my dog 4-5 days a week year round around where I live. But can't seem to get anyone else to go any earlier than December. A lot of the landowners we hunt on don't want us to start before deer season either.

This is what I run into... Don’t want to screw up property that guys are deer hunting on or next too...

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
IMG_20171209_141615.jpgIMG_20171209_141556.jpg

Rastus

WaterBreak120917.jpg Got out on Saturday down in Harrison County. Frost made it tough at first but things got rolling pretty well. Had one chase go 2.5 hours. Finally shot the rabbit so we could give them a water break! We probably had 8 up all together. We never really got out of sight of the truck all day.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 58521 Got out on Saturday down in Harrison County. Frost made it tough at first but things got rolling pretty well. Had one chase go 2.5 hours. Finally shot the rabbit so we could give them a water break! We probably had 8 up all together. We never really got out of sight of the truck all day.

That’s a good day right there lol....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good stuff Steve...

Went out Thursday with the girls, been feeling guilty about not getting them out. Between deer season, a few road trips and the early Xmas celebration when my son and dil came up I’ve not been out.
Stopped at the first farm, I always stop and talk to the landowner if they’re home. Good thing as there’s a dozen snares out where I usually hunt. After a half hour catch up I decided to hit his neighbors place (former coworker of mine) haven’t been there since December last year. Dropped the tailgate and walked back to a small thicket and had a run right off. They ran it (struggled a little bit) for about 25 minutes until they lost it. Headed to the backside of the property as they’ve taken some timber off and the briars are taking hold. Jumped a little one outta a treetop thicket and the race was on. That run lasted a little over an hour with it going by 4times.

Before it came by the 5th time there was a brief lull as they were searching and called them off and headed to the truck, I was looking for quality over quantity his trip and I saw what I came for.

Back to the kennel with food, water and some fresh bedding they went. Was planning on Friday morning going out as well and what seems like normal, life got in the way.... Planning on a few trips between Xmas and New Years next week.

Like Brock always says, all the fun, with none of the mess lol...