Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Whatch think?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We have been chasing two deer for the last three years. One of them really went downhill last year. It is possible we have him on camera again this year, but I'm not certain. Mason is positive it's him, and it may be, idk. So anyway, here are pics starting w him in velvet three years ago, then some from last year followed by what may be him this year. When watching the video clips I'll admit there is just something very familiar about this deer and he does have one of the characteristic abnormal points on the inside of the main beam. Other than that, a person would never think it's the same deer. I'm curious, what do you all think. And keep in mind, this deer is now a senior citizen and was wounded in the rump late last season which caused him to shed early. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Holly cow, those are out of order! ha.

The middle two are him three years ago. The one on the left and the one 4th from left are last year The other two are last week. And the pics look much clearer on my phone. Sorry.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Still a friggin pig!! Time to put that story to rest Mason!! Or Brock LOL!

That's sort of the problem. Mason is so certain this is Beans that he wants to kill him. It would just be our luck to finally get a shot at him, and then find out we were wrong.

I've been studying the vids a bit, and there is just something terribly familiar about the deer. And going back over old videos I haven't found another deer I think this one could be. It's just hard to imagine a deer losing that much antler over a couple of years, but that is just the way my mind works. My buddy has a pet buck that has lost a lot over the last couple years. No logical reason to think this could not have happened here.

And yes, it does look like his coat is still ruffed up on his rump.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buddy has a pet buck that has lost a lot over the last couple years. No logical reason to think this could not have happened here.

And yes, it does look like his coat is still ruffed up on his rump.

Shoot him. And in regards to your buddy's buck. . . . He just needs another year. lmao

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's a better one from three yrs ago. Notice that point on the inside of his right beam? This deer has it, but that's about it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 121

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I've got pictures of a solid buck 2years ago he was one were were gonna shoot and the following year he came back and was sick or wounded his rack was a good 30 Inches smaller that he was the following year I'll try to find pictures

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm still voting that it isn't him. However, as this pic shows, he has some goofy tines that are not "in line", as Beans has always had. Additionally, he has that weird point on the inside of his right beam, as Beans always had. IDK, time will tell. I'm sure I will get more pics of him and will be able to study him a bit more. Jerron Detty has a buck down at his shop that he killed as an 8 year old, maybe older, don't remember. It only scored in the 140's, and in previous years was in the 80's. I know old deer go downhill score wise once they have peeked, and ol Beans is ancient. Still, this one doesn't seem to have the mass I would think he would have.

Attachments

• MFDC0734.jpg
    MFDC0734.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 120