Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What Safety Harness....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Do you use? I got all my stuff together and I am missing my harness, prussic rope and hand muff. I really don't wanna have to buy another but I guess I am going to have to. Ugh... Thankfully Milo gave me one of his extra prussic ropes.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I'm using a HSS tree stalker, it has worked well but I'm ready for change. It seems to be cumbersome and has to many straps. I am currently leaning towards the tree spider for how simple it is. I also have a couple new in the pack cheap ones that come with stands your welcome to if you need one now,or if you don't want to spend any money

Last edited:

jeremy44230

Medina County
Just bought tree spider vest at the end of last season. Used it yesterday while hanging some sets. Much nicer than the one I had before, quick to get on too.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just say the word bro I got a couple nice ones I will just ship you one.

I have the ones that come with stands but don't like them. Especially the way they hook together. I would rather use my clip on linemans belt but the manufacture ones all have a specialty connector.

Huckleberry Finn

HSS...

I've got a ton of the el-cheapo's that come with stands if you'd like them. I'd even give you the black Millennium one

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Please don't hunt out of your stand without one Beener. We are getn older and aren't as agile as we once were.lol.

Gettin old? I dye strips of my beard gray, thank you very much! lol

Nah, I have two or three of the ones that come with a stand but they suck. lol The one from Millennium was the worst. But thanks for the offers guys. The ones that look enticing are the Gorilla G15 or 20, Muddy, Treespider, and HSS ultralight.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just picked up a Muddy harness a few weeks ago from SCO. I haven't had a chance to use it in a tree yet, but after wearing it around the garage I haven't noticed anything not to like about it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Forgot I could get Muddy from SCO. Dang... I will see how much.

It's a really nice harness... Light as a feather. I am going to have to get used to the prusik style lineman's rope, though. My other lineman's belt I could loosen and tighten with just one hand. I'm not sure whether that's going to be possible with the prusik.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's a really nice harness... Light as a feather. I am going to have to get used to the prusik style lineman's rope, though. My other lineman's belt I could loosen and tighten with just one hand. I'm not sure whether that's going to be possible with the prusik.

It is, you just need practice. You watch Greg or I go up the tree with our Muddys and you'd never know their linemans belt was "hard to use". I hear that all the time and honestly, it is the first few times you use it. But after you get the feel, it's simple and one handed operation is no issue...