Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What river or stream will you hit first?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The Ohio is my to to spot... Cumberland pool so I can fish both Ohio and Pennsylvania.. Love that river for smallmouths...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My fishing partner was out on the lake today and caught 15 bass from 10" to 3 lbs.. Lost about a 4 lb large mouth at the bank.... He and his dad hit a local pond...

image.jpg

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I need to get my rod sent out to be exchanged so I can get out to the Maumee before I leave. I'm sure this is to early for the Walleye this year, but I'd like to hit it after the 20th. I think it'll be back to a standard spawn this year.

loose_is_fast

McClure
the water needs to hit about 42 before the jacks come up and the females won't start till about 46, we need some warm weather for a week to get the ball rollin before i hit the maumee river down by buttonwood

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
42 is even wishful thinking in my eyes... If you know the holes and want to dedicate some time, you will find some fish. I don't like fishing until it's close to 50.... I haven't seen the river, but I'd bet it's high right now too...

The water temp is high enough for a few walleye to be up
And I know of ( have seen )a few so far

I normaly hit the Maumee early
And catch a few Walleye before most guys

IMO it is more knowing a few holes that hold the early fish and the ones that never leave

Fighting depression is slowing me down this spring though

John

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Ah, you just gotta get out and do it John. That's going to be your biggest help. I have a friend who has struggled with depression his whole life. He's always at his best when he's busy working, or tinkering with a car.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
The water temp is high enough for a few walleye to be up
And I know of ( have seen )a few so far

I normaly hit the Maumee early
And catch a few Walleye before most guys

IMO it is more knowing a few holes that hold the early fish and the ones that never leave

Fighting depression is slowing me down this spring though

John
I brought 4 home from BW on Sunday John. Snagged 4 also. Seen a few other people with some singles and 2 guys had 2 apiece. I did have to fish for 6.5 hours though. The river should crest sometime thursday. I'm heading out of work a little early friday, maybe 2:30pm, and hitting Orleans. I'll be up all weekend as well. I'm guessing a nice push of fish should be in there Friday. I always got room if you need a place buddy

I think I will have to try it Friday also
And maybe all week end

Got to be at least a little up , in the feelings

As I go to my shrink Tue and Social Security's Wensday

And catching a few Walleye should help

John

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good creek. I used to fish it south of Columbus. We would jump in at the 23 bridge and wade over to Lockbourne. It was full of smallies back in the day. I suppose it still is.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I hit the BW first. It is right behind the house but still haven't made it out. I literally have steps down to it and haven't went. What a shame.