Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What kind of tree stand do you guys use?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I haven't used my climber in a fee years for the reasons Mao said. It's heavy and cumbersome. Nice and comfy when I'm up in it though. For a few years that all I used, but I'm getting too old to be lugging that around. Take Mao's advice and pay more for a light one.

Right now I have ladder stands and hang ons set up.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Mike give me a call when you get a chance I know where there is two climbers that someone is wanting to get rid of and I know one of them is a summit. Not sure which model though. You could pick it up for cheap to.

joejoe8

I have a bunch of all different kinds of loc on's. The last few years I only buy lone wolf or muddy. I really like stands with platform an seat adjustment. On weekends I hang an hunt a lot, use lone wolf alpha an sticks.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I have several cheap hang ons with the small rectangle seat, those are for short sits due to lack of comfort. I just recently purchased a millennium M-25 and a big game retriever. Both of those have the mesh style seat and are very comfortable. I use climbing sticks and ladder sticks on all my sets. I also have a gorilla silverback climber which is what I shot the doe out of last week. I also have one ladder stand but I can't remember the make or model. Most of my hunting is done out of hang ons.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I own two stands, a Millennium and a Muddy. I have half a dozen sets of 20' ladder sticks that I hang with a Millennium receiver and carry the stand in when I wanna hunt. I also use the Millennium with LW sticks when I plan on going mobile and long sits. My main mobile setup now is the muddy and LW sticks. It's easy to hang and very versatile with the leveling capabilities and offset bracket. I also switched out my top LW stick with a single Muddy stick. Makes it easier to hang a stand when both feet are at the same level.

I wouldn't mind owning another climber, and if I did, it would be a lone wolf. Not sure how much it would get used though. I really like my mobile setup.

Um, I have two many. Probably an obsession. 18 total, 16 ladder stands, one hang on and one climber. The ladders and hang on are Big Game. Like them, very sturdy, not the lightest but I don't mind the weight. The climber is a Summit Viper SD. So comfortable and quiet. And that's actually very lite. I fell asleep in it this am. Loo

nis1

I've hunted out of my summit Goliath since I was probably 17...I still do when I need it but I'm trying to get more into lockons and sticks. I have two 15 ft ladder stands, two double ladder stands for the girlfriend and I, one lock on with sticks and a set of sticks that need a stand to go with them. I'm leaning towards the muddy vantage but have yet to pull the trigger.

I have 4 ladder stands and 4 lock on stands with sticks placed on my property. I also have a summit open shot and a old man climber but I only hunt out of those 2 if I'm not on my property or if I catch on to a buck and need to change things up.

PSE13

Shelby
Do you like your ol man tree stand? I was looking at one of there aluminum climbers that is only like 19 lbs.

PSE13

Shelby
This is what I'm looking at.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412906757406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412906757406.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 70

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm passed using climbers. I even have a tree lounger climber I haven't used in many years. I'll give that to the grandsons. The couple climbers I have left I will use as hangons and use ladders or screw in steps.
Other that that I have 2 permanent hunting towers. Also 2 Big Boy 2 man wrap around ladder stands and 2 Big Boy single ladder stands. Plus there's my old single ladder stand built out of a aluminum ladder with a angle iron box on the top.