Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What is your favorite trail camera?

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm liking my cabelas cams also,so far they run great and have nice clear pics.
Will see how well they hold up.

I love most of the pics I've gotten off of my Covert Red 40's over the years. Every so often I would get a too dark or too bright pic but other than that they have been the quality picture I was looking for. As I have said before though I have had water issues on each and every one of them over the years that I have had to combat by putting a little makeshift roof over them. Doing that I know I have increased their lifespans compared to when I started. Have one going still from 2014. As far as a workhorse the Buckeye Cam I have is still going strong. Want to say the pic count on it is into the 100K mark and hell I don't recall what year I got it.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
I have run the Moultrie M-80s for 6 or 7 years now, and i mean run them year round very cold temps here in VT, sometimes when it got below 0 degrees they wouldn't take a pic but these little cameras have treated me very well, still run 3 of them, now i have gone to the M-888 because the M-80s are no longer made, so time will tell on the new ones.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So send it back and get a new one. I have 2 and haven't had any issues. The only issue with my covert is sometimes there's a green line going across the picture. I also get some white out pics during transition periods. Which model is that?

Wow this thread took off! I really do like my Bushnell's but that one quitting working after a couple months makes me wary of ordering more, i think i may try one of the moultries or coverts this time. What batteries you guys running? i always ran regular Duracell but i just ordered some energizer lithium batteries to try out and see how much longer they last.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
I have 3 cams.

1. Moultrie A5. It was cheap and takes lousy pictures. If you use this cam, better put it over food/bait otherwise you won't see much at all.

2. Wildgame Innovations Terra 6. This is my best cam and was my cheapest ($40). I absolutely love the videos. It takes 30 second videos with good sharp clarity. I just did my first pull for the summer and had it on picture mode, and I'm very pleased. Some pictures aren't great, but most are really good especially daytime pictures. I'll put up a few pictures in the TC thread. FYI - it is a low glow cam.

3. Moultrie A20i. No glow and it does ok. Again, I'd only use this over bait, but it has produced some decent pictures. The videos aren't great as they are only 10 seconds and no way to change that. Also, night time pictures aren't great. However, the plus is that it has no glow so hopefully it won't get stolen. I did get pictures of 2 people walking right past it and they seemed to be oblvious to its presence. It was $79.

Any of you guys tried the new Browning Strike Force HD Pro? I think im going to order that one and see if i like it better than my aggressors. My aggressors are all no glow cameras so this will be my only one with IR flash. Do you guys think IR scares mature bucks? I always thought it does but everyone runs them a lot so im going to give one a try.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Any of you guys tried the new Browning Strike Force HD Pro? I think im going to order that one and see if i like it better than my aggressors. My aggressors are all no glow cameras so this will be my only one with IR flash. Do you guys think IR scares mature bucks? I always thought it does but everyone runs them a lot so im going to give one a try.

The Browning Recon Force is a better cam than the Strike Force. You can get one for $105 right now at www.newegg.com.