Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weird marks/sores on dogs...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Two weeks ago, I noticed this exact same sore on Remi's snout. No real swelling occured, and I never noticed a side effect other than what you see here. It healed up pretty quick. Today, I find this on Lulu. It doesn't see to be too sore based on her reaction when cleaning it. Looks like a snake bite, which is a little worrisome cause it means the snake is likely in our garage or basement. Maybe a big wolf spider? I never seen this before, but I figure one of you guys has the answer.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My son raised Dobermans when going to college. They would lick their a spot on their leg until the hair and skin was gone. Until he put some meds on it then they stopped and it healed up. Watch to see if they are licking.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
My son raised Dobermans when going to college. They would lick their a spot on their leg until the hair and skin was gone. Until he put some meds on it then they stopped and it healed up. Watch to see if they are licking.

That's what they call boredom lick. My uncles dog did that on the inside of his front legs. Never did break him of it. Just kept growing longer and longer down his legs.

This doesn't look anything like what that looked like. I would say it's a spider bite.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hard to say what caused it.. Maybe a slight abrasion and dog licked it which is normal... I was once told that if you have a pet that scratches a lot, give him some plain yogurt in his diet... Helped our dog years ago to curtail his constant scratching....

Diablo54

Outside
My mother in law works at the vet. Sent the pic with your info to her and her response was “Ringworm”

She then told me to tell you to use an anti fungal cream or jock itch cream on the dog.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My mother in law works at the vet. Sent the pic with your info to her and her response was “Ringworm”

She then told me to tell you to use an anti fungal cream or jock itch cream on the dog.
I thought it looked like ringworm also.