Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Warm Toes

Buckmaster

Portage
I struggle all the time trying to find warm feet while hunting. I've figured out my problem, my feet sweat.

My daily hunting dress is Cool Max sock liners, followed by wool, then placed into my boots (I have 400 grain, 600, 1200, and 2000).

Seems my toes are always cold. Toe warmers work great.

Does anyone have any suggestions for antipersperant for one's feet? I was thinking about giving that a try.

Anyone every try it?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've tried everything under the sun it seems and my feet still sweat. I took my socks off in Missouri after being in my waders all day on my snow goose hunt and actually wrung the sweat out in to the sink. I'd pay good money for a solution that worked...

Bloody Nock

I have also had this problem. I can't say I have found a solution, but I can tell you what works for me.
- no insulation!
- a good pair of socks, depending on season. Warm: under armor heat gear. Late fall: under armor mid gear. Cold: either under armor cold gear but my favorite is the browning wool socks.

Might not work for everyone but I haven't had cold feet for 3 years now working this system.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have also had this problem. I can't say I have found a solution, but I can tell you what works for me.
- no insulation!
- a good pair of socks, depending on season. Warm: under armor heat gear. Late fall: under armor mid gear. Cold: either under armor cold gear but my favorite is the browning wool socks.

Might not work for everyone but I haven't had cold feet for 3 years now working this system.

That is great to hear. I just ordered 2 pairs. 70% merino wool.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've been using the toe heaters from Hot Hand warmers, they work pretty good. I also have the boot blankets. What I don't like about them is that they're bulky ... which should be obvious. In a tree stand, you don't have much wiggle room & they're noisy when you turn about, but they work. What I think is the cat's meow about them though, is when it's really fridgid out & you're on the ground, take your boots off & just put a hot hand warmer in each one. I'm telling you that is the most comfortable thing your feet will ever experience. I did recieve wool socks that have a lifetime guarantee & don't itch from Bass Pro today that Xbowguy told me about. I can't rate them yet, but while I was on the ground this afternoon, my feet were quite comfy.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
This works...change your socks when you get to your stand and put toe warmers in. Merino wool socks will keep em warm. You gotta get them sweaty socks off.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I have a pair of "Mickey Mouse Boots" that were first made for the U.S. Army. They are alittle on the large size on the outside but all I wear are a pair of white cotten socks and my feet stay very warm. Wear then Ice fishing in the past, standing on Ice all day and never had cold toes or feet. The black ones are good to -20F, the white ones are good up to -30 f.

Here is information on the white ones, I have the black ones. I am sure you can find them at other locations.

http://www.harrysarmysurplus.net/white-military-mickey-mouse-boots.html

Last edited:

Bloody Nock

I have been thinking about trying out the new insoles by therms cell to wear with a light sock.
Rechargeable, wireless remote on, off, high and low.
Just a thought, wondering if anyone else has had the same.