Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Walleye Run

Bigcountry40

2016 I had buddies who launched /fished right next to the Tackle Box, it was mid or late February, they were throwing weight jig heads with twisters, they caught a handful of walleye, all of them big. I’ve never had the desire to mess with that section of river or navigate the current. I don’t think they mess with it much either anymore, both have multiple kids and families

I've not tried fishing the walleye run in over 25 years. My chest waders have been hanging on a boot rack all that time and I'm sure they're dry rotted enough for me to find out after I hit the river. :rolleyes: So, I ordered a new pair and they're supposed to be here tomorrow. :) Meanwhile, I'm gonna rig up a couple of rod/reels and possibly head out, Monday or Tuesday. (y) It's supposed to be a lot warmer at the first part of the week. Plus, the water levels are down to 581, which should make for some good fishing. :cool:
I know of a couple of guys that have limited out within a couple of hours of fishing, this past week. Here's hoping!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Our grammar police sgt?
IMG_4097.jpeg