Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wac'em broadheads ??

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Anyone use em ? Been using slick tricks, just looking at tryin something different.
My tricks fly good , but not exactly like my field points. No matter what I do the closest I can get em is with 2" .

Milo

Tatonka guide.
tricks are pretty accurate heads.. Surprised you are having trouble. Are the broadheads spinning good?

Kaiser878

ohio
tricks are pretty accurate heads.. Surprised you are having trouble. Are the broadheads spinning good?
When all the rave came out about them I tried em also.... I couldnt get them to group consistenty enough for my liking past 40 yards. I ended up putting in g5 Montecs and got great groups out to 80 yards

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My cousin used to shoot wac'ems. He liked em a lot.

Is steel force still making the phatheads? Those are some mean little heads and they always flew great for me. I don't think I have a complete set of them left or else I'd let ya have them.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Not sure about the phatheads. They always flew good . I think I've got a couple somewhere but i like using replacement blade heads.
The tricks group great just a little lower .

Milo

Tatonka guide.
bump your rest up just a gnats ass and it will help you problem. Do you spin test?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not sure about the phatheads. They always flew good . I think I've got a couple somewhere but i like using replacement blade heads.
The tricks group great just a little lower .

Jake, IMO, that's pretty close where you want to be anyway. Hunting from an elevated level or tree stand,a deer dropping slightly at the shot and you're better off anyway! Plus, a lower hit trumps a higher hit nearly every time unless you hit the spine. Just sayin....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Montecs fly better from Tracie's bow than Tricks. I killed my 2012 buck with a Montec and was please with how it performed. Plus they can be sharpened fairly easily.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I spent alot of time last yr tuning and adjusting the rest chasing my field point groups before finally just accepting it . Initially the broadhead groups were farther off . I haven't bothered making adjustments this yr . They fly good , just not pinpoint where my field tips hit . I ordered some wac'ems to try . Worst case I'll just shoot tricks like I have the last 2 yrs and adjust my sights to gain the last little bit I need . .

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
thats if you adjust it a fuzz... if its just a gnats ass it shouldn't bother it.

And that's some technical shit right there lol.....

Jake, Milo's no slouch when it comes too tuning a setup.... I'd PM or call him too get on the same page..... Just my .02 worth....

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
So is it a fuzz or a gnats ass? Lol

I know Milo is much better at this than me . I just don't wanna mess with to much right now . Last yr I chased my tail a bunch and never truely resolved to problem . Just wasted several evenings and caused myself frustration . Maybe tonight I'll adjust it some . But last time I got much past where I'm at now my arrows began flying erratically l. Least no its grouping well .