Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vista outdoors caves

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Outdoors company Vista Outdoor announced Tuesday that it will no longer produce firearms.

The firm will stop manufacturing guns but will continue to produce ammunition, which the company described as being its “largest core business.” Vista will also focus on its outdoor products.

"An increased focus on our heritage ammunition business will manifest itself in more innovative and breakthrough new products introduced over the next few years,” Vista Outdoor CEO Chris Metz said in a release.

Vista is now looking to sell its Savage and Stevens firearms lines, as well as other brands that aren’t related to guns.

The company faced pressure from outdoor retailers to stop producing guns following the mass shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school in February, PBS reported.

National outdoor chain REI suspended all orders from Vista in March after the company wouldn’t say if it would still produce guns.

A number of retailers announced restrictions on or the stoppage of gun sales in the wake of the Parkland mass shooting that left 17 people dead. Superstore company Fred Meyer announced in March that it would no longer sell guns or ammunition at its stores.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/385698-vista-outdoors-to-stop-manufacturing-guns

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A list of they’re Shooting sports product lines

Alliant Powder
American Eagle
Blackhawk!
Blazer Ammunition
Butler Creek
CCI
Champion
Eagle Industries
Estate Cartridge
Federal Premium
Force on Force
Gunmate
Gunslick Pro
Hoppe's 9
Independence Ammo
M-Pro 7
Outers
RCBS
Redfield
Savage Arms
Speer Ammo
Speer Bullets
Stevens Arms
Uncle Mike's

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Only thing in my house right now is the CCI’s.... SMDH.... Looks like they’re getting the boot...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A list of they’re Shooting sports product lines

Alliant Powder
American Eagle
Blackhawk!
Blazer Ammunition
Butler Creek
CCI
Champion

Eagle Industries
Estate Cartridge
Federal Premium

Force on Force
Gunmate
Gunslick Pro
Hoppe's 9
Independence Ammo
M-Pro 7
Outers
RCBS

Redfield
Savage Arms
Speer Ammo
Speer Bullets
Stevens Arms
Uncle Mike's

Thanks Sam! Looks like a whole list of stuff to never buy as long as they hold the brand. I will not support a conglomorate that doesn't stand behind the very people they want to make money off of. I sure wish they would publish the list of "retailers" who pressured them. Guarantee they too are massive corporations. The ones in bold above sting a little but there are plenty of replacements for those brands.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Guess I'll be looking at different cleaners and not buy any Stevens or savage until new owners take over. Couple other things I had looked at and thought I might buy but not going to purchase them now.