Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Venison Survey - Please Help!!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I agree with that. But those piece of crap parents should then be held accountable. Instead we incentivize them to just continue their ways and have more kids. We actually make their life easier and give them more the more babies they drop.

Unfortunately the cheese line is not divided into republicans and democrats. One should chose wether they wish to help people or not. The outcome of such relief is for all Not just a select few.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Unfortunately the cheese line is not divided into republicans and democrats. One should chose wether they wish to help people or not. The outcome of such relief is for all Not just a select few.

Deadbeats come in all races, political affiliations, and ages. But it's undeniable there are more of some than others. Help should be offered and available, but accountability should be demanded and applied to all equally. Nothing should ever be taken from one who earned and given to one who did not without earning it themselves today or in the future. For what society gives they should expect and demand repayment.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Deadbeats come in all races, political affiliations, and ages. But it's undeniable there are more of some than others. Help should be offered and available, but accountability should be demanded and applied to all equally. Nothing should ever be taken from one who earned and given to one who did not without earning it themselves today or in the future. For what society gives they should expect and demand repayment.

I donate to people I know will appreciate it. Mostly family and friends who enjoy venison. One thing is damn sure, the days of shooting a deer just to donate are long gone for me and my hunting areas. So I don't see the need to institute this in our state at this point in time...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Here's my theory, if you ain't going to eat it don't kill it, except for yotes, kill all the yotes. There's other ways for the hungry to get food, like maybe working, growing it, raising it. Sorry if I came off sounding like a dick.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Here's my theory, if you ain't going to eat it don't kill it, except for yotes, kill all the yotes. There's other ways for the hungry to get food, like maybe working, growing it, raising it. Sorry if I came off sounding like a dick.

I agree with that. I am a generous person for the most part but I'm not going to kill something just to donate it when there are so many other ways for people to get food. We have food banks, inner church, food stamps, etc etc. I also believe that some people need it because they are unable to work or unable to find work so it's a way to help them TEMPORARILY. The percentage of people that need permanent help is small and we should continue to help those that actually need it but the people that get permanent help and do not need it is the problem. The government makes it too easy for people to collect benefits instead of providing for themselves imo which has always been and probably will always be a problem. It's not my place to decide who deserves it and who doesn't so I'm not even going there. I'm just not going to kill an animal I love to blindly donate it to whoever ends up with it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I agree with that. I am a generous person for the most part but I'm not going to kill something just to donate it when there are so many other ways for people to get food. We have food banks, inner church, food stamps, etc etc. I also believe that some people need it because they are unable to work or unable to find work so it's a way to help them TEMPORARILY. The percentage of people that need permanent help is small and we should continue to help those that actually need it but the people that get permanent help and do not need it is the problem. The government makes it too easy for people to collect benefits instead of providing for themselves imo which has always been and probably will always be a problem. It's not my place to decide who deserves it and who doesn't so I'm not even going there. I'm just not going to kill an animal I love to blindly donate it to whoever ends up with it.

I TOO am a generous person. I have no problem helping someone who is trying to help themselves.