Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Venison Survey - Please Help!!

ZipsHunting

Attention anyone who hunts within the state of Ohio!

Myself and a few of my classmate at The University of Akron and working on a research project in which we are examining the feasibility of instituting a statewide venison donation program (see Iowa HUSH program). I have attached a link for a really quick (1 minute) survey regarding your feelings on a few different issues which are relevant to our study! I would be a real help and we definitely appreciate it. Also, if you could pass the link on to other hunters that would be awesome! Thank you in advance!

https://akron.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6htnup2sIAFaMvz

I apologize for posting this again, but we are still in need of more survey responses to validate our data!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I helped you out & completed the survey. How is FHFH, which we have throughout Ohio, different from HUSH?

Huckleberry Finn

"How much of a fee increase would you be willing to pay for your hunting license if the increase went towards a charitable organization?"

Like ODNR? Or Conservation Programs?

Sorry, couldn't help myself...our license money already does that.

Good luck with your survey, I completed it.

Dmiller6868

We have a program already for hunters feeding the hungry. While I do like the overall cause, I'm not a huge fan of guys justifying killing more deer so they can be donated. We are trying to cope with a much smaller herd and giving guys an incentive to kill more does isn't what we need right now IMO. Took the survey.

Treed

Stark County
We have a program already for hunters feeding the hungry. While I do like the overall cause, I'm not a huge fan of guys justifying killing more deer so they can be donated. We are trying to cope with a much smaller herd and giving guys an incentive to kill more does isn't what we need right now IMO. Took the survey.
agreed!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
we have a program already for hunters feeding the hungry. While i do like the overall cause, i'm not a huge fan of guys justifying killing more deer so they can be donated. We are trying to cope with a much smaller herd and giving guys an incentive to kill more does isn't what we need right now imo. Took the survey.

yep!!!!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Did survey.
Don't really think we have need for another charity program; anyone willing to donate can already do so if they wish.
And certainly don't need another "program" if it's government driven or related; let the private sector take care of business.

Kaiser878

ohio
Maybe I'm just insensitive......but I don't see the purpose of killing a deer to donate to someone who is to lazy to get a job and.probably voted for obama.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Maybe I'm just insensitive......but I don't see the purpose of killing a deer to donate to someone who is to lazy to get a job and.probably voted for obama.

My thoughts exactly. I use every piece of deer meat from the deer I harvest. We have enough public programs for feeding people without trying to thin out the deer even more.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My donations include:
1. My TOO brothers at functions ;)
2. My sportsman club for game feeds
3. My cousin who loves venison, but does not have the chance to hunt much. He helps me cut them up and is always there for other projects, so it's payback for that. Great guy.

Would I ever donate a whole deer? Only if I ever killed more than what I need. I doubt that will ever happen. Only other way would be if I were hunting somewhere away from home and getting the meat back was near impossible. Maybe like in a situation at Strouds and it as too warm to keep the meat good for the weekend and the trip home.

I agree with several above ^^ If there is already a program that is in place and working then adding another increases "competition" and can be the reason BOTH will fail over time. If you don't like how the one that's in place is ran then perhaps you should contact them to see if there are some improvements you can recommend.

Buckmaster

Portage
I took the survey for you the last time you requested so I did not take it again otherwise it could skew your results from double dipping into the same pool.

NEOhunter

I agree with you there.
I give some of my deer to my mother-in-law for letting me hunt there but the rest of it I eat or share with my family. I doubt I'd ever shoot enough deer to donate all of it. I couldn't justify killing more just to donate.

Kaiser878

ohio
I.mean I have shot a deer for people. But.not to donate to someone who has no work ethic or.gumption to provide for themselves or their.family.....

I actually shot a deer this year for one of the doctors I work with..... he delivered my baby, FREE OF.CHARGE!!!!! He and his wife.love.deer. so.as a gesture of kindness and grattitude I shot a doe and processed all of it and vacuum sealed it for him. A little different in my eyes. Rub my back I rub yours.

I have a real dislike for any government run program. Chances are any person benefitting from it is a dirty democrat and voted for our POS president..... sorry....I guess I'm just into helping for the sake of humanity.

Milo

Tatonka guide.

Because they could have children who are the real victims of their parents bad decision and one day they are going to vote on whether or not hunting is allowed in our state. Not everyone who is down on their luck is a piece of crap.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Because they could have children who are the real victims of their parents bad decision and one day they are going to vote on whether or not hunting is allowed in our state. Not everyone who is down on their luck is a piece of crap.

I agree with that. But those piece of crap parents should then be held accountable. Instead we incentivize them to just continue their ways and have more kids. We actually make their life easier and give them more the more babies they drop.