Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vanilla Attractant

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I have finished testing a vanilla attractant (not vanilla extract) I have been working on for over a year. I have labels being printed now and plan on giving a sample bottle to a few of the members here to get some feed back. If you are intersted in trying it and are willing to let me know what you think about it please respond to this post. I will have my daughter pull names from a bucket to see who gets to try it as soon as I have the labels, probably the first part of December. Thanks in advance for checking this out.
Tom

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
What do you think about vanilla smoke ? I ask because as you can tell I smoke a pipe & I also use vanilla tobacco. I really haven't used it while in the stand, but during the summer, people who walk by the house in the evenings while I'm sitting out & smoking will stop & sniff the air. They're trying to figure out where the sweet smell is coming from. I just tell 'em it's me....lol. I've read where others smoke the same while in the stand & have success, so I dunno for sure.

Yep...me too. :smiley_blink:

I've used vanilla extract for years and have never had a bad reaction to it. I always used the cheap stuff from a dollar store, as I thought the baking version smelled too much like a box of band-aids. I would put 3 cotton balls inside a 35mm film canister and soak them with the vanilla.

Bowhunter57