Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

vacation dillema

Having the luxury to hunt every day if I want to makes it easy for me. But, if I had to choose I'd hunt the four day hunts rather than one long block of time. I feel it would give me a better chance to be in the right place at the right time. I'd also make sure to be in the woods during the two day youth season. A youth hunter may just push a good buck into your area that otherwise you may never see. Unless your hunting does I'd stay out of the woods during the early ML season. But, I'm sure many of you will be at Strouds Run that weekend anyways.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
If your flexible I'd plan days based on weather and rut reports from friends . That said z I'd try and make sure some of your days are spent hunting the last few days of Oct and beginning of Nov . I think after the first week of Nov ya start running the risk of a lot of the big deerlocking down with does . Ya still see deer , but the ones your wanting to kill are off in some hidey hole with there current love and not covering as much ground searching

gavennn

I always find a way to get out on Halloween myself. Just something extra special/spooky about the woods. Last year the property we hunted on the hill above my stand about 350 yards away was a cemetery.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Scheduled my vacation yesterday, took Oct 18th and 21st ( the wife wants to camp one more time this year) Oct 25th and 28th, Nov 1st and 4th, Nov 8th and 11th, and Nov 15th and 18th. I also have the option to change this as long as its by 2 p.m. the day before, so if it gets hot and heavy one weekend I can adjust the days