Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

URGENT!! Keep eyes open please

Gordo

Athens County
Everyone beef up your security a bit at home. Be more mindful. Its bullshit we have to worry about it, but wayyyyy to much of this lately. You all know i dealt with something very similar. If they want to get in, they'll get in; but make it difficult. POS thieves coming out the wood work.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I shared this thread on my FB page and I also added it to the TOO page. I hope it helps buddy. Sucks people have to take things that others work so hard for.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Look at downloading a craigslist app to your phone. You can set up custom search alerts. If something is posted that you set an alert for it will immediately notify you.

rsmith

Pieces of freaking garbage!! I don't understand how people can do this? Sorry to hear about your situation man

teej89

NE PA
holy shit! That's absolutely terrible man! I'd post something on FB too for people to keep their eye out, that's absolutely ridiculous.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
What a crock of sh*t!!!! Scum Bag, low life, meth heads!!! Man I hate to hear about this with anyone. Freaking hate thieves!!! Hope they are caught and it works out for you.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's terrible. I'll have the guys watch the Sharonville gunshow next month.
I believe there is still a Trading Post in Cinci also and I would watch that to.
They had a news report there are more daytime burglars now because the jail time is less when the house is empty of people.
I'll bet it was someone close that knew you and the wife are gone during the day.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Joe I have that app but didn't know about the custom settings they will be getting set up soon. I work nights so I'm usually home during the day, well I went hunting yesterday morning and didn't get home until later than usual. From what the cops said they knock on the door to see if anyone is home then bust in.. Well I think the only thing that kept them from coming into the house was our 110lb St. Bernard, so they hit the garage instead of getting mauled by the dog. Cops said they just grab quick stuff with high value that they know they can unload quick for their heroin fix. Here is an updated list of everything taken:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447340064.540935.jpg

Thanks guys! The cops do have the S/N for the rifle and it is loaded into LEADS system. I'm working on getting SNs for the bows.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Look at downloading a craigslist app to your phone. You can set up custom search alerts. If something is posted that you set an alert for it will immediately notify you.

I used the custom search on ebay and caught the thief that stole from me! He sold the items to a pawn shop and the pawn shop listed them on ebay.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Is New Richmond also called New Richmond on the Hill...? I am waiting on approval for joining a few FB selling walls in your area, so I can check them. However, even though I typed in OH, the NR on the Hill doesn't specifically say it is Ohio.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Is New Richmond also called New Richmond on the Hill...? I am waiting on approval for joining a few FB selling walls in your area, so I can check them. However, even though I typed in OH, the NR on the Hill doesn't specifically say it is Ohio.

Another good idea. I know my county and closest city have different FB sales pages. "Allen County mancave" or something similar is one I joined. "Allen County Classified" or "Rummage sales" or something along those lines. You might join any local FB selling pages to keep an eye on them to pop up too. Good suggestion Diane.