Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Upset the wife in a nice way

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I decided the wife needed (deserves) a new car and she will only say NO. So I asked my son on Thanksgiving to go with me.
We went to the local Hyundai Dealer this afternoon and picked out a red 2018 Hyundai Electra SEL. I wanted the backup camera and heated seats for her. I paid cash for it out of my wheeling and dealing funds.
Brought it home tonight and her being surprised is a loss of words. But she surprised me and wasn't too upset and her only comment was 'I don't need a new car'. She's keeping it anyway.
Damn that car drives nice, soft riding on road bumps and quite.
I did tell her if she gets a speeding ticket she was grounded. LOL

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats too the Mrs, mine is the same, refuses a new car to this day...
I’m about to put a slug thru the motor so she’ll start looking lol...

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats too the Mrs, mine is the same, refuses a new car to this day...
I’m about to put a slug thru the motor so she’ll start looking lol...

I knew the answer was no. So I didn't take her along. I knew what she likes and needed. My grandson has the same car but in a hatchback and she thought that was a nice car. But then she drove my DIL Ford Focus and liked it. We drove the DIL Ford Focus to the dealer today and that car was rough riding and loud for a 2016 with 42K miles.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My car deal even got better today. I took a check down to payoff the temporary promissory note. I question why a $500 finance refund was not encluded in the rebates and a extra $299 Misc charge not figured in on final amount due by salesman. I missed it at closing as I was couple hours past due on my pain medications and was in miserable shape.
The $500 finance refund was missed when coding in. That was corrected.
The $299 Misc charge is for a security code charge. Explained salesman didn't figure it in final out the door price. He looked for my singed consent form OK'ing the charge and there was none so refunded whole amount. But the Finance Mgr did say 'you wouldn't sue us over $199 missed charge'. But I sure would sue over the correct $299 charge I didn't OK. That's when total refund was given.
He did make a issue I signed all the forms OK'ing the amounts. I told him since the loan closer only asked for signatures and explained nothing your defense issue won't hold up in court. I also explained to him in a business manner that I'm a retired Finance Manager who used to fill these contacts out and did the final loan closings.

Had to finance $7000 for 90 days to get the $500 finance rebate. That will work.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :smiley_coolpeace:

After over 53 yrs being married we both know what's OK with each of us.

She is tickled pink with her new car. When I went back today the salesman seen us and came over. Told him I brought the wife to beat on you for me buying the car. She told him 'oh no I love it'.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Awesome stuff man. Easy to see why yall have been together for 53 years, its great when you know each other so well.