Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Updated history

Lundy

ODNR posted results by season to date.

I am very curious to see where to bow kill ends up this year.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If you are right that will put the total deer harvest around 178,000

Sounds pretty close. I don't see us going over 181k total this year. Tonk told us a couple years ago they wanted to see 180k or less harvested but at the time he didn't think it would ever happen. Crazy how quickly things can change in just 2 years.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I know archery has grown but doesn't it seem odd how we are now saying we are killing double the deer with bows then 12 years ago?

didn't the odnr say gun was down due to increase in archery kills, this seems like they are inflating the archery numbers to try to fill the gap.

Lundy

There with out a doubt is more archery participation now that there was 12 years ago along with the increased reduced cost doe tags and liberal limits the harvest has increased substantially.

According the ODNR summary from last year 75% of all hunters that participate in the gun seasons also bowhunted at some level. I know that is increase over the years. It makes it hard to call hunters bowhunters or gun hunters because 75% of the hunters are both. Maybe it is all of the old gun hunters that have recently taken up bowhunting that are wounding all of the deer during the bow seasons, damn gun hunters:D

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There with out a doubt is more archery participation now that there was 12 years ago along with the increased reduced cost doe tags and liberal limits the harvest has increased substantially.

According the ODNR summary from last year 75% of all hunters that participate in the gun seasons also bowhunted at some level. I know that is increase over the years. It makes it hard to call hunters bowhunters or gun hunters because 75% of the hunters are both. Maybe it is all of the old gun hunters that have recently taken up bowhunting that are wounding all of the deer during the bow seasons, damn gun hunters:D

:smiley_crocodile: Well played sir. I appreciate the humor. I know you have bumped heads with people in the past over gun vs bow hunting. I got a kick out of your twist on things to keep everyone smiling. Witty and well worded. I like it.