Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TV show: Alone

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Anyone ever watch it? I thought it was a great show until I did some research on the area. I guess in most cases they are all within an hour walk to a road (most are logging or low use roads), or some sort of civilization, or are even dropped off at camp sites. I never understood why no one hunted deer, bear, squirrels, grouse, or other animals either. From what I've read they may not be able too due to hunting regulations.

Regardless it is obvious that the contestants go through a lot of physical and mental challenges.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I see it as adult internment only. I swear some of the cry babies are picked on purpose. Didn't watch this year for that reason. When the Ohio policeman started crying the 1st couple hours and left I also left the viewing public. And these people are trained survivalist?

Qback5

I enjoy it once it's past a week in. Most are quite skilled past that point. Lack of food seems to be the key factor.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I see it as adult internment only. I swear some of the cry babies are picked on purpose. Didn't watch this year for that reason. When the Ohio policeman started crying the 1st couple hours and left I also left the viewing public. And these people are trained survivalist?

Lol i agree. I swear some people are just cannon fodder...