Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season Live Update

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I was in Richland county over the weekend, took my son to try and get his 2nd bird. The hunting was terrible. We only saw 1 bird the entire time there and it was while driving down the road. I think all the mushroom hunters in the woods might have them a little scared right now, I don't know what else to blame it on.....the weather was good, the wind was calm. The first time in 10 years hunting there and not seeing a single bird, 2 trips in a row. I really think the turkey numbers are way down in this area also.

We did find a lot of mushrooms and caught 8 trout yesterday, so the trip was still worthwhile.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Those box turtles always scare the piss out of me... I never see them until they hiss. And where i grew up, if something hisses at you, you're fucked.. Amazing how things are burned into your brain as a child

We had a Samoyed growing up and his specialty was getting box turtles. He wouldn't hurt them, he would just bring them in his mouth and drop them on the front stoop.

Schu72

Streetsboro
We had a Samoyed growing up and his specialty was getting box turtles. He wouldn't hurt them, he would just bring them in his mouth and drop them on the front stoop.

That's one of my labs favorite tricks as well.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Another one bit the dust this evening at 7:02....... There might be a disturbance in the force... ;)

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Not one talker this am. Thank you thermacell. Im covered in tiny yellow caterpillars.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got up a lot later than I wanted to. A real heavy fog this morning also. Havent.heard any birds yet this morning. Wonder if all the fog has them lips tight.