Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tree stand fall help app

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I just downloaded an app for my phone called CRADAR, the way it works is you turn your GPS on when you start hunting and select a emergency contact. If (God forbid) you should fall from your treestand it will activate the program and start a countdown which can be set at different lengths, once the countdown expires it sends your emergency contact a text message that says you have fallen and may be injured plus your GPS coordinates. Its available for android based phones, dont know about Iphones.

Huckleberry Finn

All I know is, it's hard as hell as to talk when you get the wind knocked out of you from a 6 foot fall off your ladder - let alone a 20 or 25...god forbid fall.

I'll tell you what, the feeling of laying on your back, not breathing, and not knowing what the hell happened is a scary one...and it's harder to dial and talk than you'd think - and mine was minor.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I will have to check this out. Problem is, where I hunt, I'm lucky to have enough service to get a text, let alone send one out...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is depending on you to still be conscious.

I am wrong. It uses the censors in your phone (like the ones that flip the screen going from sideways to up/down) as an accelerometer. It knows when you fall. It gives you a certain amount of time to respond. If you don't it alerts the emergency contact. Awesome use of tech.

I am wrong. It uses the censors in your phone (like the ones that flip the screen going from sideways to up/down) as an accelerometer. It knows when you fall. It gives you a certain amount of time to respond. If you don't it alerts the emergency contact. Awesome use of tech.

That's incredible! Pretty cool stuff. My luck I'll some how get it to go off and not notice it and soon here comes the rescue...right at prime time! LOL

Schu72

Streetsboro
So if you drop your phone you better go get it and stop the countdown or a bunch of EMS personnel will show up at your tree.

So if you drop your phone you better go get it and stop the countdown or a bunch of EMS personnel will show up at your tree.

Ha! That's great... "don't know why it called you, I didn't fall..."

LMAO.........that's exactly what I'm talking about!! I've dropped my pack from the tree before...with my phone in it. Still a great idea though!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Pretty cool idea! I've got an iPhone though but like Gordo said, if it helps just one hunter it's a great thing.

Pretty funny scenario Scot!