Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

trapped in my phone

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Since I bought my tags on line last night using my phone. No matter what I do I can't get them to print. I've used the printer app on my phone many times, even to print range passes bought from the same place as the tags.

Not sure what happened, after the transaction was complete, I hit "print". Nothing happened, checked to make sure the printer was on and tried it again, nothing. After a while it was like my connection to the Dr site timed out. My next step was to call the dnr. I spoke to a woman who emailed my tags to my wireless. I opened the attachment and no matter what I do I can't print them. It's like they just will not convert to a PDf format. I tried printing some other things and they worked fine so it isn't the printer or the phone.

I guess I will call again and find out what I have to do to get my tags out of my phone. Bet I'll end up paying the duplication fee.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You might be able too go too a outlet that sells them and get them too print it off.... Worth a try... Or just give them a call....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
You might be able too go too a outlet that sells them and get them too print it off.... Worth a try... Or just give them a call....

Called them this morning. She tried all kinds of things. Pretty much baffled by it.
I can go to a store and have them printed, it would cost $4 each for a duplication fee.
Got a couple other options to try first though.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The file in my email is ".html" I can share it to my printer app, but it says I need to upload it to Google drive, so it can be formatted as a "pdf". When I do that, it comes up as a blank page.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The file in my email is ".html" I can share it to my printer app, but it says I need to upload it to Google drive, so it can be formatted as a "pdf". When I do that, it comes up as a blank page.

Take a screen capture of It on your phone. Email that picture to an email you can access from a real PC. Print the image. If it's too small, copy the image in to something like Microsoft word, grab the corner and make it fit the page. Print.

Remember. You're buying something from an organization who just this year finally produced a mobile friendly version of their website. You can't expect them to understand much less be capable of creating computer generated documents capable of being printed wirelessly from a mobile device. They can't even come up with a workable method to count deer much less this.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Not sure what she did, but my wife made it happen. Apparently an update that was done last night wiped out the driver for the printer. She fixed it and I now have 2 shiny new deer tags in my hands

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Remember. You're buying something from an organization who just this year finally produced a mobile friendly version of their website. You can't expect them to understand much less be capable of creating computer generated documents capable of being printed wirelessly from a mobile device. They can't even come up with a workable method to count deer much less this.

The only thing available on the mobile site was a wetlands stamp. I had to use the regular site to get the tags anyway.

Mushijobah

Instead of printing from phone or computer, select "Save as pdf" in the print menu. That way you will have a copy all the time so you can print whenever and not get charged for reprint.