Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tough lessons...

teej89

NE PA
Sorry to hear that jesse. Keep your head up man. I think we all would have backed out too with the lack of blood and an unclear shot.

lung buster

hocking county
I hate to hear this as well. Just plain sucks. We found one this yr like that as well. They were on it in less than 3 hrs. Makes me hate coyotes even more, if that is possible!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sounds like you've owned up to it and learned from it. Like Jim said, thanks for posting this so we all can take something away from your situation.

Thanks for the support fellas. The main reason to post this was so others could learn from my mistakes as well. I was tired and gave it a C+ effort. Never again. After the shot, give it 100% and then let the pieces fall where they may. I'll be back in that blind tonight and am taking my coyote caller. If 4:45 rolls around and I haven't seen deer, I'm setting that thing up and hoping I can knock down a yote.

DeadOn

Awesome post Jesse and great information to share. I do believe that whenever a person gets to hunt so much it is easier to start to slack off a bit and give some hunts less that 100%, even though we shouldn't. I have done it many times and sometimes never questions bad decisions until I get home. Wear and tear takes it's toll on the body and the mind.
Lesson learned. Thanks again for sharing.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good post and all will learn form it. It's take a special person even to be out in this weather. Normal people stayed inside. LOL