Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Projects Thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466363699.949192.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466363715.382350.jpg

River tournaments don't come with out little hazards and some can be bigger lol.... Lots of current yesterday due to some flooding over in Pa from recent rains... Side board brackets were load tested and failed yesterday while putting the boat back on the trailer.... Buddy has a welder so we cleaned them up and got them welded up good and sturdy.... As good as old I like too say lol... All it cost me was inviting him too dinner this afternoon lol... He was already invited, he just didn't know it yet lol.... Life is good lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Lost 2 chickens night before last. Now for some strange reason there's a dead boar coon face first in a 5 gallon bucket in my building and a catch ring outside my coop...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Pretty brutal morning, but damn what am improvement to our curb appeal. The decks have needed done since we moved in 7 years ago. First coat is on and the second will go on tomorrow, then we move to the bigger back deck. Once I get these done, I'm close to having all my big projects done around here and it'll be time to list it in the next 12-18 months.

uploadfromtaptalk1472316814094.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1472316872602.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Put the finishing touches to the coop tonight. Still have a few touch up chores and winterizing to do yet, but finished. Had a good time building this despite doing it alone! I did talk K in to holding the box of nails tonight, so that helped. LOL

uploadfromtaptalk1476400889917.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks great Jesse. Keeping the birds thru the winter?
Yes. I had planned to butcher a few, but we had some casualties to predators and I have 8 left, so I lost the 4 I planned to eat. Their egg production should be 6 a day through winter and we eat 4-6 a day as a family. Works out well. And their eggs are SO much better than factory farmed eggs. Crazy how much better really.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Heck ya, that's a nice steady flow of the good eggs for sure. I know they slow down during the winter, but didn't realize it was only a little. That's good stuff!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have 2 over achievers that put out more than an egg a day. And legit Grade A XL brown eggs. Then I have some smaller eggs and one that lays speckled eggs. Pretty varied stash.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Have had a project in mind for sometime now. Was just never sure I would be able to as I would need a very large heavy duty wood spool.

Well today I scored a nice spool from the job site I was on.

Gave it a good washing and letting it dry out. The goal is to make a nice table out of it. I've been saving bottle caps from all the different craft beers I've been drinking. Planning on recessing them into the wood and then epoxying the top. One Crown Royal bag will do a little more than 3 rings.