Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Good Views

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You ditch the Rayzrs?

Sadly, yes... for broadheads at least. When I switched over to broadheads just before the season started, I noticed the Rayzrs weren't stabilizing worth a shit. I'd fire a field point, then a broadhead with rayzrs, and the broadhead wasn't even close. Then I fired a broadhead with blazers on the back... Boom... right with the FPs. I even double and triple checked all my tuning. It simply wasn't a tuning issue. Broadhead flight with the rayzrs was so bad that I could see the planing and porpoising with my own eyes. I immediately went home and refletched with Blazers. Now the stingers are hitting with FPs out to 50 yds.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wouldn't call what I did tonight hunting, but I did spend an hour in one of my gun spots tonight. I love the views from this stand!!!

The stand faces due W. This is looking N-NW.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351290987.111992.jpg

Looking N-NE

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351291036.486274.jpg

Behind the stand to the E-SE

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351291172.002903.jpg

Looking W-SW in front of the stand.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351291135.800082.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Facing South from my tower.
Frank

Facing east.

Facing North
Facing West
As you notice without shooting lanes it is so thick with honeyscukles you can't walk through it. But good deer cover and food.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Shelf hunting can be a great an awesome place to catch a big buck cruising thru. Good luck Kevin!

Charles, I love the view man! Hunting the edge of a standing cornfield ranks right below hunting a pinch point as my number 2 most favorite hunting sets. Awesome pics!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Inside corner of a field. Thick draw behind me east about 150 yards wide but shallow and dumps in to a field to the south. Dudes house at the top of the draw about 300 yards further up north . I'm on the inside corner of a field on the top of the draw situated between the house and the field.

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I finally got around to using my ground blind up behind the house. It's been sitting there for two years on the border of my neighbors & the land I use to hunt regularly for the last 20 some years, but is now leased. I'm still allowed to hunt a small section where the blind is. My cameras show all sorts, but when I'm there, it's usually a different story. I only have two views I can shoot into. I use my crossbow for this setup ....

North view ....

East view into neighbors yard, they have 10 acres ....