Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

PSE13

Shelby
Hey guys my name is Mike. I was at the last TOO event with Steve and Austin. The Strouds outing was a blast! Im a new member and I want to say thanks to everyone for making it a blast!

PSE13

Shelby
I had a great time! Thanks for taking me with you and thanks for telling me about the forum!! These are truly great people!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It was nice to meet you, Mike! Better luck next time, experience makes those things a little easier, but it does happen to everyone. Glad you made it down, and hope you enjoy the outdoors for many years to come!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Great weekend guys, thank you to everyone who helped bring it together! Congrats to everyone who took a deer, and great to meet some new faces!

To those who have not had a chance to make an event, make time!

Awesome time everyone! Beautiful camping weather, maybe not so much for deer hunting. (How I can justify not getting out of bed Saturday AM.) Congrats on the kills, thanks to everyone who cooked some awesome food, donated food, donated beer, etc.

mrex

*Supporting member*
Something else worth mentioning. I've been a part of several hundred "tracks" over the years and I will put Beener up there with the best blood hounds I've ever seen. We tracked Mike's buck Friday evening through some pretty thick hands and knees type stuff and Charles kept us on blood right up until we concluded the deer was alive and we were pushing him. When we decided to back out for the night, the walk back to the truck was all of about 75 yards but took us 20 minutes to complete because the brush was so thick. Half way out, Beener picked up the blood again...absolutely unbelievable!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That was crazy Mike, I will always be calling Beener if I need to track a deer. Good thing he don't live to far away.

Also if you could do me a favor it would be greatly appreciated. I know before Mike shot that deer that your camera got some pics of him. Next time you check that camera is there any chance you could send me some that I could give to Mike? I think he would like that.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Charles will be getting calls for the rest of the season now. I'm sure sometime, somewhere, someone will even offer him a green card if he can find their deer. :)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good job Beener! Being stuck in the back of the 9 man line I was bored. Felt like I was in a long line wishing a newly married couple good luck in there marriage! Rotflmao. TOO top it off when we got back Ron was giving me the dickens for leaving him behind and I thought he was in one of the other vehicles. Lmao

I just wanted to help Mike find his deer and assist dragging it for him. Just sorry we didn't find him.

I'd like to be along with Greg and the Nickle brothers on a track job sometime! It's on my bucket list! It would be very entertaining....rotflmao J/K fellers