Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tonk on Buckeye Sportsman

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Tonk thing starts at 23:00.....

Surprised me that he's gonna proposed extending the shooting time during gun season to 30 mins past sunset.
I gotta think about that, I'm not sure how I feel about it...
Might be a good thing.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Tonk thing starts at 23:00.....

Surprised me that he's gonna proposed extending the shooting time during gun season to 30 mins past sunset.
I gotta think about that, I'm not sure how I feel about it...
Might be a good thing.

I think it's good to have the seasons be as similar as possible.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
There are many times I look at the time when gun seasons in and think wth are we quitting so early for.... but I agree with Sam about matching bow hunting hours with gun season hours too lessen any confusion .....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
About friggin time! As I'm unloaded and heading to the truck with plenty of hunter orange on with 25 minutes of good visibility left I'm always shaking my head.

I know it's for safety reasons BUT if you wear the required hunter orange like your supposed to do, safety shouldn't be an issue.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
The last half hour of light is always the best time to kill a deer....with Ohio's deer decimation plan, its surprising it wasn't implemented long ago.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Having given it some thought I think I'd like to see the evening time extended 30 mins - 38 other states do it, it would match with archery, and I really don't think that the chances of getting shot would increase as much as the chance of a bunch of one-week-a-year stumblef**k numbnuts falling out of a stand or twisting an ankle in the dark....but they'd do that in the morning just as well, so let's have at it!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I agree with Dan. I don't see where it will cause any harm. It has always been a pain to quit right when it's getting good. I also think it's a reflection of changing times regarding gun season. Many more folks are serious about staying in their stand these days it seems to me. If things were as they once seemed to me (lots of driving, etc.), I don't know that I would think it's a good idea. It certainly would be dangerous to conduct a drive during the last few minutes of light...and no way I'd ever participate in that!

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Finally the State of Ohio catching up. It's a good idea. Now anyone doing a deer drive at low probaly should be shot anyway as it increases the future gene pool for breeding humans.
Frank