Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tip of the day.... FLASHLIGHT

Fletch

Supporting Member
Recently bought a couple cheap flashlights to leave throughout the house in the event of a power failure.. Picked up these little Ozark Trail lights for $1.88... That's right $1.88 including batteries... They are unbelieveable bright... Just went to Walmart and bought 16 of them... LOL When at deer camp seems everyone is always looking for a flashlight, so next year I'll just say: go in my box and grab one.. Do yourself a favor next time in Walmart and look for these and pick up a few... Get the metal one with one square bulb...

flashlight.jpg

Not even worth replacing batteries at that price. We have several that we leave around camp and also use for walking to the stands. I think I got a bunch for a $1 a piece. They may not have been Ozark Trails though.

Buckmaster

Portage
I bought a few ball cap clip on's at Wally for a buck each. Works until it gets wet then you need to take apart to dry out..then works again.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I take a lot of shit for being scared of the dark (maybe kinda true at a DNA level :smiley_blackeye: ) because I have light stashed all over the place. The $1 clip lights for your hat are awesome, so are the ones you posted Fletch. For a little more, I highly recommend the Streamlight Stylus Pro for EDC. I keep one in my BOB and the other in my pocket. When walking to the stand, I use a headlamp to light up the area in front of me and a stylus light in my hand to shine at my feet for a more detailed look at where I'm stepping. I just bought this bad boy for waterfowl and it's a serious light!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07539STQL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I take a lot of shit for being scared of the dark (maybe kinda true at a DNA level :smiley_blackeye: ) because I have light stashed all over the place. The $1 clip lights for your hat are awesome, so are the ones you posted Fletch. For a little more, I highly recommend the Streamlight Stylus Pro for EDC. I keep one in my BOB and the other in my pocket. When walking to the stand, I use a headlamp to light up the area in front of me and a stylus light in my hand to shine at my feet for a more detailed look at where I'm stepping. I just bought this bad boy for waterfowl and it's a serious light!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07539STQL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That’ll fry everyone’s retinas you’re with lmao... 8k lumens? Damn...

Fletch

Supporting Member

Jesse.. That looks like some light. Just might have to order one. Told a friend about the lights I mentioned, so last night he stopped at Walmart and bought the remaining 6 lights... LOL Buckmaster I also grabbed a few of those clip-ons, for a buck how can you go wrong. Heres another great Headlamp that can be bought at Dollar General. When out in Illinois last month my friend Doug went to pull a card on a trail cam. So I happened to see him coming back. Looked like a 747 coming in for a landing. A man cannot have enough flashlights. I'm always checking them out in the store. To think many years ago my Dad would walk his trap line late at night with only a miners carbide light on...

headlight.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
When I turned it on full blast in the backyard, I said "Oh, fucking around is over with..." [emoji23] Tired of weak ass headlamps when I'm trying to set decoys and brush in a layout.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
OK, so leaving deer camp one thing added to the task list was to buy a new, reliable, very bright headlamp.
(Remembered seeing a thread about flashlights once but don't think this was it - I thought there was a guy with a flashlight fetish who had all kinds of recommendations around.)
Jesse, the link in your post is no longer there - can you give me the name or specs of your headlamp?
And is it really 8000 lumens or are you exaggerating?

Reactions: Big_Holla