Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thunderflight's 2013/14 Adventures; OPERATION MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME!!!!!!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Update 15 Sept; hunted yesterday afternoon with no elk sightings, but we were in plenty of sign. This mornings hunt was great. We worked a herd bull for a few minutes but he found des up his cows and left. Ill update ya later for nights hunt!!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Sept 17: elk 3 hunters 1

We hunted this morning and tried to move in on se distant bugles. During this process we found out that the ranchers were pushing their cattle into the higher lands. This messed up the elk hunting and spread them out and kept em quieter

We got caught on top of the mountain during a thunderstorm which is something I could live without experiencing again.

On an up note I shot a grouse ($500 chicken) and ate it for lunch.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
uploadfromtaptalk1379473079944.jpg

Here is the chicken!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Sept 18th: elk 4 hunters 1

The weather was horrible today. It was windy, rainy, and snowing all day!!! To make matters worse the cattle ranchers pushed even more cattle I to our best area. However we did work a bull around 2 pm but it didn't work out. I did kill another grouse though.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Sept 19th: morning update
This morning it was 26 degrees, clear, and calm steady wind. About 7 we bugles and got an immediate and close response from another bull. We got within a 100-150 yards but he wouldn't come out of the dark timber. Eventually the wind shifted and he moved off with his harem. We may hunt him this afternoon because he never left his canyon.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Sept 19 evening update:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow are really firing up. We got within 100 yards of a 280+ bull. Fugger wouldn't get out of his bed and when he finally did he went the other way. There is plenary of food and water in the draw for him and his six cows. We are going after him in the morning!!!!

BTW I'm exhausted. The terrain isn't horrible but it's not ready either