Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This made me go Hmmmm

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Shot a doe this morning out of a 18 ft ladderstand at 20 yards. She was broadside. Complete pass through and she ran off in the death run. Arrow was stuck in ground and covered with blood. Some bubbles. I'm thinking ok, double lung shot she'll be within 60 yds. Wrong. Blood trailed her 250 yards before finding her. Good blood most of way coming out both sides with bubbles. See attached three photos. First one is entry hole where stick is. Second one is exit hole where stick is. Third one is view from back showing the stick as arrow location as it went through her. I got the bottom back side of the opposite side lung (exit). No lung on entry. Doesn't look that high or far back to me. Thoughts?

IMG_9586.jpg IMG_9097.jpg IMG_6199.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
One of those shots were an inch or two forward/down makes it a completely different track job. If I can kill the doe I shot at opening day, I got a real head scratcher for you guys...

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Huh , your shot placement looks good. My only response would be that she might have been exhaling when the arrow penetrated her chest cavity. If that was the case, her lungs would have been somewhat collapsed and a smaller target for your arrow to hit. Just my .02.
By the way, great job team mate! Lol