Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This is helping get us excited for the season

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Age- I would age the last one as long as you can. IF you can't hang him to age the meat, then pack him in a cooler. Drain water daily, move meat around, roll over, etc in cooler, and top off with ice. If you can hang him 3-4 days that would be pretty good.

Score- The last one should score you better than 50lbs of meat. I will throw a guess out there of 60-80lbs of meat but it will depend on when you get him. Early season score of meat will be higher than after he has been run down after the rut. lol

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
20160717_193723.jpg

This was also the one 13 yard from my stand.
The fog got in the way.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Thanks. we'll see what happens. Im wondering if thats the same buck as the bottom one that dustin posted.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Age- I would age the last one as long as you can. IF you can't hang him to age the meat, then pack him in a cooler. Drain water daily, move meat around, roll over, etc in cooler, and top off with ice. If you can hang him 3-4 days that would be pretty good.

Score- The last one should score you better than 50lbs of meat. I will throw a guess out there of 60-80lbs of meat but it will depend on when you get him. Early season score of meat will be higher than after he has been run down after the rut. lol

I like your style phil. LOL