Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Weather is Changing

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Well boys, looks like we are getting our fall weather finally. Next weekend looks really good, high 40's for the overnights. Should make for some cool morning and evening sits. I could do without all the rain, but at least its not going to be in the 80's.

Hopefully this will get the deer moving during some day light hours as well.

Huckleberry Finn

I've hunted a few pastures where there have been deer and cow...make sure you dont shoot the wrong one!

Better than sitting on the couch. Really would depend on the situation

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang, just got word from the farmer that he has the cows in the field I was gonna hunt. Does it matter? I've never had that issue before.

Nope. Not going to hurt anything. Take a pocket full of rocks to throw at them if they gather under your stand.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Wind is crazy up here right now and calling for the same tomorrow. May venture out for my first trip to the stand either Sunday or Monday since i'm off. It's either that or hit the lake for saugeyes, what to do, what to do.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am thinking I will be sitting at home and watching my kids while my wife works the next three nights. Sort of kills evening hunts when she leaves at 630pm to work and morning hunts when she gets home around 8-830am. Probably add some more lint to my belly button lint collection! Woohoo!

And split a buttload of firewood!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This guy's gonna be waterfowling this weekend. I've never had much luck deer hunting in wind like this.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I believe if it wasn't as windy as it is we would stand a good chance at frost tonight. That last little rain that rolled through about 8:30-9 o'clock cooled things down even more lol. Sitting at 50 with a windchill of 46 right now. By daybreak the temps should be rather nipply lol. Should have some deer on their feet if you can hold onto the tree tomorrow morning lol.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Yesterday morning wasn't TOO bad at all. Little breezy. I did see some deer though, a doe and two fawn. she got a walk because I couldn't get the camera on her. She came in closer to my tree than what I expected them to.

I am pretty pumped for this weekend, I think things are really going to heat up as far as movement. At least I hope so, I am tired of getting skunked, I have only seen that doe and fawns so far this year.